We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Adults only all-inclusive Punta Cana Resorts

Missouri
Level Contributor
76 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Adults only all-inclusive Punta Cana Resorts

All of the resorts are so overwhelming when you have not been here before. Please give your thoughts on BEST adult-only all-inclusive resort in Punta Cana. We want white sand beach, several restaurants, great bars, clean rooms.

Vero Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
1,560 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Adults only all-inclusive Punta Cana Resorts

The Royal Suites Turquesa has your requirements and more. Their beach is postcard perfect, two Royal restaurants on the their property and several a la cartes on sister resorts. Bars are situated all over the complex and their rooms are immaculate. The new addition of their swim up suites makes for an amazing vacation. For detailed info of the RST refer to:

palladiumaddict.net

Sag Harbor, New York
Level Contributor
5,918 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Adults only all-inclusive Punta Cana Resorts

Generally, I was told that your whiter sand beaches are south of the Grand Bahia Principe. We are headed to the Ambar which is the adult only part of this huge property. Here is a map that you can use to see where the Ambar is and what resorts are south of it. tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g147293-i28-k60147…

I have to chuckle when I see someone asking for "the best" as the wants and needs on vacay are so subjective. Still you have a good idea of what your must haves are.

I know mostly about EPC but not sure if that is the place for you. It is adult only but it is north with rough waters and golden sand. It is a pretty beach though and it ticks off all the other boxes for you with 8 a la cartes, a beach restaurant and buffet and the bars are good with great drinks. The rooms have been recently upgraded and they always keep them and the grounds very clean.

We have not gone to the Ambar yet but it has 8 or 9 a la cartes because you can either stay and use the Ambar's restaurants or use the restaurants and other amenities of the 3 other sister resorts that you can access via a tram. Plenty of bars and other stuff. The beach I am told is a bit wavy but nothing like Excellence. I don't like a dead calm beach because that would bore me to tears. Others know far more about this property so I am sure they will chime in soon. Still, here is info about the Ambar that might be useful tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g147293-i28-k64951…

Still, here is a map of adult only properties or big resorts with adult buildings, amenities and sections. tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g147293-i28-k60147…

Hope this helps a bit.

Edited: 21 August 2013, 11:09
wisconsin
Level Contributor
820 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Adults only all-inclusive Punta Cana Resorts

Just to chime in, it would be secrets royal beach for me! There is absolutely nothing that we have found wrong with it! We love the swim out rooms, the size is great, food and drinks are wonderful and the staff are so friendly! Beautiful pools and beach too!

ontario
Level Contributor
18 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Adults only all-inclusive Punta Cana Resorts

You will love the Royal suites turquesa. Fantastic beach, great food, and if you like enjoy the swim-up rooms.

Tequesta, Florida
Destination Expert
for Puerto Aventuras, Punta Cana
Level Contributor
9,722 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Adults only all-inclusive Punta Cana Resorts

If your budget permits, you should also consider the Royal Service section at the Paradisus Palma Real as well as the Iberostar Grand Bavaro!

Morristown, New...
Level Contributor
8,006 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Adults only all-inclusive Punta Cana Resorts

Many consider Iberostar Grand to be the "best" of the AOs but I'm not sure it would be best for me, as it looks a little too formal, stuffy, glitzy, shiny for my taste (I prefer a more laid back, tropical feel). Secrets, as mentioned, would be a good option, although it's light on its own selection of restaurants. You do have access to Now Larimar next door for more dining, but there will be kids there. I stayed a week at Secrets and ate well there, never feeling the need to venture next door, but ymmv.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
27 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Adults only all-inclusive Punta Cana Resorts

We have stayed at both the Ambar (October 2011) and Catalonia Royal Bavaro (March 2013). We loved both places.

Ambar:

- excellent buffet, great food at all restaurants, but I really do remember the buffet here.

- excellent service

- reservations for a la carte restaurants

- kind of a wavy beach, but still very nice

- only disappointment here was the pushy timeshare sales people, just tell them no thanks from the beginning and when they ask what room you are staying in lie or they will call you!

Catalonia:

- no buffet (unless you go over to the Catalonia Bavaro)

- great food and no reservations for a la cartes. we really appreciated the freedom of eating whenever/where ever

- service was really good but if I remember ambar's service was more efficient

- nice beach, my favorite as a non-swimmer. calm waters even when it is windy and not too deep. nice to snorkel just a little ways out and see some fish.

I would recommend either place. They are both perfectly clean and nice and quiet, but if you want some more action you can wander into the other non-adult places for entertainment, shopping, etc.

Allentown, PA
Level Contributor
455 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Adults only all-inclusive Punta Cana Resorts

Royal Suites Turquesa in the a Swimup room would be my choice. Great prices and amazing resort.

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
221 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Adults only all-inclusive Punta Cana Resorts

Royal Service at Paradisus Palma Real or Iberostar Grand. Barcelo Bavaro Beach could also be an option.

Hamilton,Ontario
Level Contributor
335 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Adults only all-inclusive Punta Cana Resorts

Royal Suites Turquesa hands down. We like it so much, January will be our 10th trip there. We always go for 2 weeks....