We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

At the Riu Bambu....

Pickering, Canada
Level Contributor
53 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
At the Riu Bambu....

At the Bambu and all is good. Hot and sunny!

If anyone has questions I will try to answer!

N.H.
Level Contributor
15,323 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: At the Riu Bambu....

Have a great vacation and enjoy the weather

Overland Park...
Level Contributor
395 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: At the Riu Bambu....

Hey Solid11,

You’re lucky. Just a bit colder back in Pickering, Canada.

Has there been a chair challenge there?

Oh that weather in PC!!

Have a great vacation... 13>28*tgo :D

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
236 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: At the Riu Bambu....

Enjoy your vacation and have a great time.

Royse City, Texas
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: At the Riu Bambu....

Did you go on any excursions while there? We leave on February 23rd, can not wait!! Have read so many mixed reviews about the condition of rooms and food..a little concerned...

Pickering, Canada
Level Contributor
53 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: At the Riu Bambu....

I will be honest. Standard room beds are awful. Terrible bedding and hard small bed. Kids (2) have to sleep head to toe. Last night husband and I did it to and I slept better. Food is fine. Lots to eat...I would return to resort only if they changed the beds!!!

Deluxe room has a king bed and a pull out. We should have upgraded. No rooms available at the moment though. Weather fantastic. Resort spotless. Hard working staff. Didn't do excursions...

Stevenage, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
218 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: At the Riu Bambu....

Hi, can you tell me if you can use the towels they supply for around the pool, on the beach loungers please or do we need to take our own beach towels. Thank you, Joy

Telford, United...
4 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: At the Riu Bambu....

When I was younger about 6/7 years ago, I visited Punta Cana with my family, we stayed in Riu Bambu which is actually about 1/2 hotels down from Riu Palace Bavaro, we did take a walk up to this hotel and was wowed by how beautiful it was!

I am now looking to visit Punta Cana again, but with my boyfriend this time. It will be our first holiday together in 3 years of a relationship - so we want to treat ourselves to somewhere beautiful!

As I have been to Punta Cana and he has not.. He is expecting me to know where is best to go, obviously I am going to say Riu Bambu or Riu Palace.. But my question is..

Is Riu Bambu anywhere near as good as it was when I went many years ago?

And also, Is Riu Palace as good as it was?

Where would people recommend??

Thank you for any replys.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
1,101 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: At the Riu Bambu....

We returned to Riu Bambu for New Years 2013 after being away from that resort for 10+years. We had fond memories (have been back to Punta Cana many times, but not to Bambu) of the resort. We were very disappointed in our return trip - I think the major downfall was the food. Not up to par with other resorts we have since visited at all, not the quality we remembered, and the staff was not nearly as accommodating as we remembered.

Having said that, we got a very good price - however even at a low price, we would never consider returning.

Pickering, Canada
Level Contributor
53 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: At the Riu Bambu....

You don't need to bring your own towels. You can get fresh towels at the pool every morning. You are supplied with "towel cards" at check in.

For the poster asking about resort to go to with boyfriend...there are a lot of kids/toddlers here. You may want to go to an adults only resort.

We have enjoyed the food and resort. Room on the other hand is a 3*. You cannot beat the weather in PC though. Sun and heat every day!!

Pickering, Canada
Level Contributor
53 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: At the Riu Bambu....

Also, an internet tip.....

Free 90 mins wifi in lobby. After 7 pm lobby is filled with people online. Internet as slow as molasses.

Once you log on to free wifi do NOT log off thinking you will go back on and use remaining minutes later in the day. You only get one session. I went to front desk and told them I only used 10 mins before dinner reservation and now I couldnt get back on. That is when I learned it was log on once a day. Reception kindly took my phone and entered info on for me to continue to use free wifi that night.