We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Time of Year to Visit Jamaica

Rochdale, Lancashire
Level Contributor
56 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Best Time of Year to Visit Jamaica

Hi

My Partner and I were thinking of visiting Jamaica next year sometime and were wondering when the best time to visit is?

Thanks

Saint Charles...
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Time of Year to Visit Jamaica

I am wondering the same thing.

From what I've read, September seems to be "hurricane season", but things should be calmed down by mid-October.

The "high tourist season" seems to be from December through April. Considering that, I would guess that the weather is nicest during that time, and from May through September may be too hot. This is their "off season" time, so there is likely some reasons why people tend to not visit then.

Kingston, Canada
Level Contributor
19,497 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Time of Year to Visit Jamaica

The least expensive time to go is in low season which is mid-April to mid-December when rates drop by 1/3. April & May are reliable for good weather and typically Nov & Dec usually are as well. Anything in between is a crap shoot.

In my opinion the best time to go is whenever you need to.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
10,736 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Time of Year to Visit Jamaica

June 1 to November 30 is hurricane season... may is sometimes a wetter month...

high-season is mid Dec to mid April, prime pricing, prime weather... i've found late january great last minute deals can be found out of toronto :)

Chelle

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
10,736 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Time of Year to Visit Jamaica

lol... funny how opposite info gets provided sometimes (re: may)... maybe it's more just in kingston/ochi, but i know may seems to be the time that flooding and landslides sometimes happen... :(

chelle

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
1,001 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Time of Year to Visit Jamaica

First time we went was end May /early june and the last 3 days of our stay it rained very heavily non stop

england
Level Contributor
6,064 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Time of Year to Visit Jamaica

I have been Feb and march both months beautiful..march was hotter and both months had same amount of rain..typically rained for 30mins to an hour in afternoon, cleared then was hot again and clear skies..this was only on couple occasions..

been in Nov/dec too although hot not as hot as feb/march and more cloudy and rained couple more times..

Oct was wetter, due to huricane season, this was middle of oct.. couple days down poured, one day most of day.. still found things to do when the weather was wet..

when visiting consider what else you may want to do..do you want to attend special celebrations.. like bob marley smile concert, which is in feb.. easter time, not sure if its march or april next year. both are great times to visit and celebrate in jamaica..

Out of the months i have been so far feb and march have been the best time to visit..due to been there when these celebrations are going on..

I plan to get there one january for new years as thats also supposed to be good time to go and weather generally good.. can never guarantee the weather though..

whenever you go you will have a fab time if you chill..

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
907 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best Time of Year to Visit Jamaica

ANYTIME!!!

I like to go during hurricane season as that's usually the cheapest. Usually the weather is quite nice then, especially if there is a tropical system elsewhere drawing off the moisture.

Saint Charles...
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Best Time of Year to Visit Jamaica

Does anyone know where I might go (web site) to find historical temperature info for Jamaica?

White Horse Beach...
Level Contributor
375 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best Time of Year to Visit Jamaica

What about the end of January?? We are looking for the 20th to the 27th....anyone?

Kingston, Canada
Level Contributor
19,497 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Best Time of Year to Visit Jamaica

End of January is perfect for weather.

Regarding historical temps. they fluctuate very little year round for daytime highs and evening lows. It's the humidity that really becomes noticeable in rainy season and makes it feel much warmer than it really is.