We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best adult-only all-inclusive resorts in Jamaica?

Clearwater, Florida
Level Contributor
8 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Best adult-only all-inclusive resorts in Jamaica?

We are planning our honeymoon for November and are reading mixed reviews (some raving and some just horribly negative) about some all inclusive adult-only resorts in Jamaica and are having a tough time deciding. A couple we are leaning toward right now are Couples San Soucci and Couples Tower Isle. What's your favorite between the two if you've been to both? Or which one have you been to that was just amazing? We are younger (upper 20's), so we would appreciate a younger crowd with some fun late-night entertainment. We also like the option of having a lot of resort activities (tubing, sailing, snorkeling, water skiing, etc), and we prefer wavy shores versus super calm (small detail, but I figured I would mention :) ) Great food is a plus as well! I'd love to hear any opinions anyone has about the 2 properties, or if you had another suggestion in mind. Thanks.

Mentioned in this post
Jamaica
Jamaica
Caribbean
Couples Tower Isle
Couples Tower Isle
3,341 Reviews
Jamaica
5 replies to this topic
Royal Tunbridge...
Level Contributor
661 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Best adult-only all-inclusive resorts in Jamaica?

Of the two we far prefer Sans Souci but I think Tower Isle may be a better fit for you since you want night life - CTI has a piano bar which stays open late - Sans Souci does not.

Here is a comparison I wrote a while ago:

"CTI is a big, white hotel block with comparatively little garden space. It was nicely renovated about 8 years ago with a pale turquoise colour scheme. They have updated the main swimming pool very well and what used to be the diving board is now a waterfall which is beautifully lit at night. The beach is narrow and there is not a lot of shade on it. You can however find shade around the two pools and on the piece of lawn near the swim up bar swimming pool.

CSS is simply stunning - beautiful buildings climbing up the (small) cliff and bordering the main lawn. The grounds are spacious with lots of little nooks and crannies, hidden Jacuzzis and grottos. There are two beaches, the main one and an AN one - unless you go looking for the latter you will not come across it so if its not your thing, then no worries"

You say you want lots of activities and CSS and CTI both offer them (no catamaran at CSS though) , but you are most likely to get water-skiing where there is flat calm water (as in Negril) most often the water on the north side of the island iis too choppy.

Edited: 07 June 2018, 15:05
Mentioned in this post
Negril
Negril
Jamaica
America, The...
Level Contributor
8,496 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best adult-only all-inclusive resorts in Jamaica?

I’ve only stayed at CSS of the two, but would choose the Negril side of the island over Ochi (or anything in MoBay or its surrounds) for its beautiful beaches. You’re not really going to get wavy in Jamaica much, except on windier days and after a storm. Like LuvCSA said, you can’t have waterskiing and wavy. My husband found the waterskiing at CSS unpleasant due to the stronger current. If you want wavy, look at Cancun (very) and Riviera Maya (sometimes). No waterskiing, though.

In Negril, mainstream resorts that include waterskiing are CSA, CN, and SN. You may be able to do so for a fee at Riu Tropical Bay.

The Couples resorts will have great food and guests from young honeymooners to 70’s. You can access Negril’s great nightlife by taxi with no problem if the resort’s is too tame for you. Congrats on your wedding and honeymoon!

Edited: 07 June 2018, 18:09
Mentioned in this post
Jamaica
Jamaica
Caribbean
Cancun
Cancun
Quintana Roo, Mexico
Riviera Maya
Riviera Maya
Quintana Roo, Mexico
Negril
Negril
Jamaica
Jackson,NJ
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
11,170 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best adult-only all-inclusive resorts in Jamaica?

Agree with RM and go to Couples Negril or Couples Swept Away. Been to all Couples resorts except CSS and the only one we did not like was CTI. also Check Dunn's River resort.

Mentioned in this post
Couples Negril
Couples Negril
4,552 Reviews
Jamaica
Couples Swept Away
Couples Swept Away
5,756 Reviews
Jamaica
United States
Level Contributor
12,948 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best adult-only all-inclusive resorts in Jamaica?

" reading mixed reviews (some raving and some just horribly negative) about some all inclusive adult-only resorts in Jamaica"

This is common for almost every hotel in the world. People who have very good or very bad experiences at a hotel are more likely to write about their experience.

"What's your favorite between the two if you've been to both? "

Between the two I would go for Couples San Soucci.

"we would appreciate a younger crowd with some fun late-night entertainment."

Only a few resorts on the island are great for lake night entertainment. Plan to go out most nights to find this.

"we prefer wavy shores versus super calm"

This hard to find in most Jamaican tourist areas. Most people are looking for calm water to water ski, snorkel, paddle board, etc.

Mentioned in this post
Jamaica
Jamaica
Caribbean
Saskatchewan, Canada
Level Contributor
3,345 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best adult-only all-inclusive resorts in Jamaica?

Hi Skylar - Congratulations!

There are many awesome adults only resorts in Jamaica. Have you considered thinking about what excursions you would like to do and then narrowing down to a resort based on the proximity to the excursions? For example, if you are staying in Montego Bay, it is close to two hours to get to Dunns River Falls, likely 2.5 hours to get to the Blue Hole.

Edited: 07 June 2018, 21:59
Mentioned in this post
Jamaica
Jamaica
Caribbean
Blue Hole
Blue Hole
5,539 Reviews
Jamaica
Reply to: Best adult-only all-inclusive resorts in Jamaica?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted