We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hyatt Zilara Rose Hall Airport Shuttle and Diving

Port Saint Lucie...
Level Contributor
4 posts
60 reviews
Save Topic
Hyatt Zilara Rose Hall Airport Shuttle and Diving

Hello,

Staying at the Hyatt Zilara next week and emailed the Concierge about transportation to and from the Airport and arranging a Scuba Diving excursion. Received a response that I would have to contact the Jamaica Board of Tourism to arrange those things. I thought the hotel could help. Does anyone have any insight?

Mentioned in this post
Hyatt Zilara Rose Hall
Hyatt Zilara Rose Hall
3,168 Reviews
Jamaica
Jamaica
Jamaica
Caribbean
9 replies to this topic
United States
Level Contributor
13,109 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hyatt Zilara Rose Hall Airport Shuttle and Diving

There are many ways to get to the Hyatt from the airport. The first option is to take a taxi. After you clear customs you enter the transportation hall. Exit by way of the door on the west side of the transportation hall. Walk about 50 ft. straight ahead to the curb where you will find the airport taxi stand. It is about 5 1/2 miles to the Hyatt and the 'list' price for a taxi to the Hyatt is $us30, one way. Set the price with the driver before you enter the taxi.

Second, in the transportation hall you will find about 20 desks from transfer companies who will take you to the hotel. You can arrange this transfer on the spot.

Third, you can call or e-mail many transfer companies and reserve a ride before you arrive in Jamaica. You can find these companies on the internet.

Mentioned in this post
Jamaica
Jamaica
Caribbean
Port Saint Lucie...
Level Contributor
4 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hyatt Zilara Rose Hall Airport Shuttle and Diving

Thank you so much for the prompt reply. Reviews have mentioned that there is a Hyatt Zilara Lounge at the Airport where transportation would be arranged for me (with a charge, which is fine by me). Have they closed this lounge?

Mentioned in this post
Hyatt Zilara Rose Hall
Hyatt Zilara Rose Hall
3,168 Reviews
Jamaica
United States
Level Contributor
13,109 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hyatt Zilara Rose Hall Airport Shuttle and Diving

"Have they closed this lounge?"

Not as far as I know. This lounge is in the transportation hall. From the exit from customs to the Hyatt lounge you will pass by the transportation desks that I mentioned as your second option in reply #1 above. Ask at some of the desks for prices and then see if you can get a discount if you book via the Hyatt lounge or not.

Port Saint Lucie...
Level Contributor
4 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hyatt Zilara Rose Hall Airport Shuttle and Diving

Thank you, "thevinnie"! That answers my transportation question. Can anyone tell me if I must contact the Jamaica Board of Tourism to get information on a scuba diving excursion while at the resort? My husband and I are both PADI MSDT's and would like to go out on a 2 tank boat dive but don't know which operators are close by, reputable, etc. and we were hoping the Hyatt Concierge could assist as they have for other guests but the email reply suggests they cannot. Any guidance is most appreciated!

Mentioned in this post
Jamaica
Jamaica
Caribbean
Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
2,068 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hyatt Zilara Rose Hall Airport Shuttle and Diving

Whilst I can't answer for PADI dives in that area, think it's a bit of a cop out from Hyatt to respond in that way. As the 2 sister resorts offer lots of excursions/trips etc, they must be able to assist you more than they have. If not, speak to the staff, they will be able to advise you.

Port Saint Lucie...
Level Contributor
4 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hyatt Zilara Rose Hall Airport Shuttle and Diving

Thanks, dawnyg17. I will do that! Appreciate the reply!

Connecticut
Level Contributor
12,210 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hyatt Zilara Rose Hall Airport Shuttle and Diving

In MoBay, there are three "nearby" scuba operations that I would recommend:

Kelly's Watersports which is located on the Sunscape Resort complex ( http://www.kellyswatersportsjm.com ). It is the most distance from the Hyatt.

Closer is the independent scuba operations located on the RIU complex. Called Scuba Caribe ( https:/… ).

Located on the nearby Iberostar Rose Hall resort complex is Dressel Divers ( https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Revie… ).

You will likely have to travel by car to these facilities.

Mentioned in this post
Iberostar Rose Hall Suites
Iberostar Rose Hall...
4,714 Reviews
Jamaica
Connecticut
Level Contributor
12,210 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hyatt Zilara Rose Hall Airport Shuttle and Diving

Some details about the Hyatt arrivals lounge and their transportation: https:/…map-and-directions.html

The email address listed in the webpage seems invalid even though the page contains a 2018 Copyright

Edited: 16 June 2018, 02:52
HOLLANDLANDING
Level Contributor
123 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hyatt Zilara Rose Hall Airport Shuttle and Diving

Hyatt has a lounge in the airport.

The transportation was free last year ,but they now charge 30 per person round trip.

Not sure if this is private or shared shuttle assuming it’s shared as they have a bus.

They used to check you in at the lounge and give you a beverage, snack while you waited for shuttle.

FYI bring water shoes for the adult only side beach. It’s rocky

Reply to: Hyatt Zilara Rose Hall Airport Shuttle and Diving
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted