We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

St.Ann Plantation Suite Vs Grande Luxe Oceanfront

Washington D.C
1 post
Save Topic
St.Ann Plantation Suite Vs Grande Luxe Oceanfront

Hi,

Me and my Wife are planning on visiting SGOR in July and we are looking at either St.Ann Plantation Suite or Grande Luxe Oceanfront, can someone help us whats good and whats not so good about these room types.

Thanks,

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
1,767 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: St.Ann Plantation Suite Vs Grande Luxe Oceanfront

The St-Ann room is concierge and on the Manor side. If you like the beach, think about the Riviera Side. You won't have to take a shuttle every time to cross the main street. If you like the pool better, the Manor side is newer. Your villa pool should be warmer that what we got in January.

Do I think the concierge is worth it, well maybe more on the manor side because if you want to spend part of your days at the villa pool, the bar is far to get a drink, so having your own makes sense. That's about the only reason. Since we spent no time at our villa pool, we didn't use the room bar. The private check-in is as quick as the regular check-in.

We had the St-Ann suite and got upgraded to a one bedroom plantation suite villa. The names have changed since then. We would have preffered the St-Ann if it would have been July because the only room that had air con is the bedroom. This makes the living room and kitchen hot and humid. It was bigger, but we didn't need a seperate living room.

2. Re: St.Ann Plantation Suite Vs Grande Luxe Oceanfront

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 September 2009, 22:15