We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Photography at SGOR

Dubuque, Iowa
Level Contributor
706 posts
451 reviews
Save Topic
Photography at SGOR

Okay, I know that this has been brought up numerous times, but with so many different posts with different information I was wondering if anyone who has done the photo packages here would be able to help out.

For our wedding, we were possibly thinking of doing the VHS video for $500 and then getting the ala cart photo package of 24 5x7s pics for $460, bringing us up to $960. It looks like, otherwise, you have to get the DVD tropical package for the video and pics combo with 36 5x7s and 6 8x10s for $1800. However, we were also interested in getting some beach pics after the ceremony and some of those "must have" wedding shots that would not necessarily be included with the ceremony, reception, etc. We don't really care about the video not capturing walks on the beach as I don't think SGOR would be too good for that anyhow since the beach is so little and we just want the basics for that (the ceremony, signing, first dance, cake, etc).

The thing is my fiance's workplace does a lot with printing, etc. and we thought that maybe they could transfer the VHS along with photos from the resort and from us on VK/honeymoon, etc., onto one DVD so that we can also add in footage from DVDs/CDs that we might collect at other times during our trip.

We are being told that we need to have the videographer and photographer reserved 30 days prior to arrival. We are going on Sept 11-20. We don't want to not have someone ready as we are just going by ourselves probably, but we also don't want to spend a lot more than we need to.

Basically, we were just wondering how other couples have done this and how satisfied they were with what they picked for packages, etc, taking into consideration the cost. We want the best deal for our money. Also, I am sure that we will also be purchasing other photos that the sandals photographers take around the resort not to mention DVDs/CDs, etc., that are taken on tours like Dunns Falls and the zipline. I can just see many of our $s being sucked up for pics. :(

Thanks for any information or tips.

Shawn.

Florida
7 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Photography at SGOR

Hi,

We just returned from our Sandals Ocho Rios "weddingmoon". Is that what you got? We did the a la carte photo package and then they offered us the chance to upgrade our package from 24 pics to 36 at the photo shop (it's called Snapshots by the way). That cost us an additional $190. We didn't bother with the video because we had a lot of family with us to do the job but I'm pretty sure you can just organize that once you get there or pay for your wedding? Check it though. We booked our entire wedding etc. through 1-800-SANDALS.

Oh yeah, with the 24 pics they do allow you to walk around and decide where you want to take the pics so you can do all 24 on the beach if you want. You then go back to the shop and choose the 24 you actually want. Their photography options are pretty state-of-the-art so don't worry about the quality...you'll see when you get there. I think Kodak is involved with them or something.

Good luck and enjoy your wedding. It's so nice to have other people handling it all for you! You can just kick back at the pool bar and drink Hummingbirds (you must have one) until it's time.

minnesota
Level Contributor
225 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Photography at SGOR

sorry to get off the subject, but tell me more about a hummingbird!

Dubuque, Iowa
Level Contributor
706 posts
451 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Photography at SGOR

Yep, we are doing the weddingmoon. :)

I seen the different ala cart prices and noticed that you get 18 for $355, 24 for $460, 36 for $650, and 48 for $820 in the 5x7s. So, do they take more than that and then just let you pick your amount out or do they only shoot how many you purchase and that is just what you get? I don't think we will need a whole lot more than the 24 if we do the video too as that should capture more of it, but was just curious about that. Did you feel like the 36 was more of a minimal amount that is good? It is good to know that some of them can be taken at the beach. I was under the impression that they were there for the ceremony and reception and then thought that they just left right after that. We have the last time slot (4:30) of the day, so maybe that will help.

I am glad to hear that they turned out good for you. I have heard many bad and good things about their photos. I know I probably should not worry too much since, afterall, that is why we planned a destination wedding through Sandals, to remove the stress of planning, etc., but I still am worrying. LOL.

We will definitely be trying many of their drinks and will put the hummingbird on our list now too.

Thanks so much for the help.

Shawn.

Dubuque, Iowa
Level Contributor
706 posts
451 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Photography at SGOR

BTW, congrats on your recent marriage. :)

Do you think that this resort was what you thought it would be when you were planning? Were you happy with the overall weddingmoon and resort?

Thanks again,

Shawn.

Kalamazoo, Michigan
Level Contributor
2,290 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Photography at SGOR

Havent dont the wedding pics...but for regular photo shoots, they take you around...pick the spots for you...and take your pictures. They tell you how to pose etc.

Then you can go buy the pictures whenever you want to. But I think they only stay for like a week or less. Pics are kinda expensive. I think we got 6 pictures for $150 or something ridiculous like that....plus a free 8x10 frame which was exactly like the one we got the year before.

6. Re: Photography at SGOR

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 September 2009, 22:20