We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rain in Ochos Rios?

East Troy Wisconsin
6 posts
Save Topic
Rain in Ochos Rios?

My wife and I are leaving for the Riu on 28 May 2007, and are worried about how much rain is actually falling this time of year? Can anyone that has been there during the past weeks enlighten us as to how much of the day it rains and how much sunshine there is? The weather sites show rain everyday and project that through the end of the month. Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Riu Ocho Rios
Hotel Riu Ocho Rios
9,338 Reviews
Jamaica
Jamaica Dunn's River Falls Party...
480 Reviews
from US$86.00*
Free Cancellation
Blue Hole, Secret Falls and Dunn's...
27 Reviews
from US$120.60*
Free Cancellation
Jamaica Catamaran Cruise to Dunn's...
81 Reviews
from US$108.00*
Free Cancellation
Tampa Fl
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Rain in Ochos Rios?

Hi chilly,

We have been to jamica several times. Once we went for 10 days and it rained everyday starting at 11am and ended at 3pm. but you just have to make the best of it. We also have been and it rained for only 1/2 an hour every other day . It may rain in the mountains but not at the beach. We usually get up early because if it does rain it is later in the day. There are trips you can take in the rain like the plantation where the white whitch lived and murdered her husband . We also went on a vacation (not jamica) and we had a hurricane with 100 mile an hour winds so you just never know.

Just think your not at work and there is plenty of booze.

Just think positive and I am sure you will have a wonderful time.

Tampa Fl
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Rain in Ochos Rios?

It's me again you could also take scuba diving lessons. You can dive in the rain.

good luck

Toronto
Level Contributor
550 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rain in Ochos Rios?

I've been to ROR in November during a Tropical Storm and still had an amazing time. Yes, your sun bathing time is shorten, but the staff on the resort keep you busy and entertained. Make the best of the situation and enjoy just being in Jamaica.

If you want to check

http://wwwa.accuweather.com to find out the exact weather for the next 15 days it might help. Mind you the readings on these things are never 100%, but it might help you prepare for your week stay.

Mentioned in this post
Jamaica
Jamaica
Caribbean
4. Re: Rain in Ochos Rios?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 September 2009, 04:18