We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Azul Sensatori Negril

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Azul Sensatori Negril

Hi we are looking to stay at Azul Negril next April and wondered as adults if we booked a room in main (family) area would we also have access to both the Adults only facilities ie adults beach and pool and also the Premium area beach and pool. Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Negril
Negril
Jamaica
10 replies to this topic
Castleton, United...
Level Contributor
3,968 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Azul Sensatori Negril

You may get an old fashioned look on the Premium section beach but , in any case, the beach is much nicer and less crowded in the old boutique section. You have access to all bars, pools and restaurants.

Btw - it's now called the TUI Sensatori.

Edited: 06 June 2018, 22:47
Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
1,236 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Azul Sensatori Negril

After much thought we went for an adult swim up . It was only £75pp more for the adults swim up room compared to a standard non swim up .

Also chose this hotel as the section of beach it sits on is one of the best sections according to regular negril visitors.

But you will be allowed to access the family area and adult area . Not sure if non premium guests can access the premium area ?

We don’t arrive till December.

Castleton, United...
Level Contributor
3,968 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Azul Sensatori Negril

The sea views are much better from the non swim-up rooms and the patios of the swim-ups aren't private. We've stayed in all three room types in the boutique section and after the honeymoon suites (the best rooms in the hotel) put a full seaview room over the swim-ups.

Glen Mills, PA
Destination Expert
for Montego Bay
Level Contributor
6,150 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Azul Sensatori Negril

Saleman, its still called Azul Sensatori. Tui calls it Tui Sensatori.

http://www.azuljamaica.com/

Castleton, United...
Level Contributor
3,968 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Azul Sensatori Negril

cebakes - the signage in the hotel says TUI Sensatori, the staff wear TUI coloured uniforms and "Sensatori" is TUI brand. I stayed there for four weeks over Xmas & NY and even met the Jamaican owner.

When did you last stay there?

Glen Mills, PA
Destination Expert
for Montego Bay
Level Contributor
6,150 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Azul Sensatori Negril

lol...I've never stayed there. Not my thing. Drove by it quickly last week. The sign out from says Azul Sentori. No?

Glen Mills, PA
Destination Expert
for Montego Bay
Level Contributor
6,150 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Azul Sensatori Negril

So you are saying TUI owns Karisma? I thought it was a strategic partnership?? They certainly appear to be two separate entities.

Royal Tunbridge...
Level Contributor
659 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Azul Sensatori Negril

How long has Ricardo Bowleg been GM? A very experienced man, I remember him as GM of Couples Swept Away and then Couples Negril, before he moved on to Goldeneye.

Mentioned in this post
Couples Swept Away
Couples Swept Away
5,755 Reviews
Jamaica
Couples Negril
Couples Negril
4,550 Reviews
Jamaica
Castleton, United...
Level Contributor
3,968 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Azul Sensatori Negril

I wouldn't be surprised if TUI hadn't bought Karisma , they are the largest travel company in the world after all. I think it's just a change of management regime and branding with the signage and uniforms etc. All the staff are either Jamaican or European - not a Mexican in sight.

Fyi TUI owns the Riu chain but the Mallorcans still run the hotel side.

The GM in January was Jesus Cardoso.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
1,236 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Azul Sensatori Negril

Saleman

We are not interested in sea views , we can walk along the beach for that . Also had many amazing sea views around the Caribbean and Mexico.

This is our 3rd Sensatori and 3rd swim up and I can tell you none of the swim ups are private , in all hotels they are shared by the full block .

In Egypt Sharm most swim ups run along the beach where people walk all day .

Thanks for the information buddy .

Edited: 13 June 2018, 02:15
Mentioned in this post
Caribbean
Caribbean
North America
Mexico
Mexico
North America
Reply to: Azul Sensatori Negril
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
;