We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Calico Jacks Pirate Island

Level Contributor
19 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Calico Jacks Pirate Island

Is Calico Jack's opened for business after the fire? Heard they were replacing the thatch...haven't seen any reviews in a while! We are hoping to hang out there on our trip to Negril in July!

9 replies to this topic
Oklahoma City
Level Contributor
348 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Calico Jacks Pirate Island

We are curious too! Heading down this weekend and I haven't seen any updates. I have been googling it and can't locate anything. I tried the phone # I found on FB, but no answer.

Upstate New York
Level Contributor
116 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Calico Jacks Pirate Island

Also interested in going in July... hopefully we will hear soon

3. Re: Calico Jacks Pirate Island

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 13 June 2018, 21:40

Oklahoma City
Level Contributor
348 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Calico Jacks Pirate Island

I just got off the phone with them-

They will be open by the end of June or first of July!!

Oklahoma City
Level Contributor
348 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Calico Jacks Pirate Island

Any other places like this in/near the Negril area? We have some bummed out travelers that were looking forward to going this next week!

Nebraska
Level Contributor
571 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Calico Jacks Pirate Island

Have you checked out Floyd's Pelican Bar? They are located off of the South Coast...a bit of a trip from Negril, but might be something to replace Calico Jack's for those who are disappointed.

Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Level Contributor
4,318 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Calico Jacks Pirate Island

Pelican bar would be the most similar experience but it's much further away. You could still take a taxi down to Half Moon Beach where Calico Jack's is located and spend the day on that beautiful beach. I thought I read somewhere online that Alfred's possibly was building a bar out on the water. You would have to do some investigating to find this out. You could always do the one love pub crawl it's not a bar on the water but he takes you to a lot of little local bars and it's a really cool experience

Oklahoma City
Level Contributor
348 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Calico Jacks Pirate Island

Thanks Jeanenn and Marylynn, we are looking into all those also. Thank you!

Virginia
Level Contributor
3,792 posts
252 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Calico Jacks Pirate Island

So happy to hear that Calico Jack's will reopen soon!

Reply to: Calico Jacks Pirate Island
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted