We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Adults only resort suggestions

Bloomington...
Level Contributor
97 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Adults only resort suggestions

Hi - My husband and I have been to the Riviera Maya several times (and absolutely love it) but think it's time to switch things up and go to Jamaica! We are looking for recommendations for an all inclusive adults only resort that has air conditioned buffets and restaurants. We travel in June/July so that's the one thing that is very important to us. Thanks for any help you can give and I look forward to reading the posts in this forum!

8 replies to this topic
Virginia
Level Contributor
3,792 posts
252 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Adults only resort suggestions

Air conditioned buffets may be hard to find. Every AI I've been to in Negril had open air buffets but A/C in the restaurants (except for restaurants on the beach, of course).

United States
Level Contributor
13,425 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Adults only resort suggestions

"resort that has air conditioned buffets and restaurants."

These are hard to find in Jamaica. Compared to Mexico, energy prices are rather high in Jamaica so most resorts have outdoor dining.

One place to look at that has an air conditioned buffet is Secrets in Montego Bay (there is only 1 Secrets resort in Jamaica but it has 2 names).

London, Canada
Level Contributor
3,161 posts
241 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Adults only resort suggestions

RIU Palace Montego Bay

Air conditioned buffet and Lobby and 2 other restaurants

The rooms had great air as well:)

Blackwood, New...
Level Contributor
169 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Adults only resort suggestions

Iberostar grand rose hall in mobay

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
88 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Adults only resort suggestions

Sunset at The Palms.

A+ A+ A+

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
88 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Adults only resort suggestions

Cosy 80 room resort, no large crowds, no line ups, no noise after 11pm.

Whitby, Canada
Level Contributor
138 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Adults only resort suggestions

Hi Torrey,

Funny, you've done opposite to us...after 7 Jamaica trips we've started on the Mayan route the last few trips. Since you're on the Negril forum I am assuming you want Negril - good choice. Beautiful beaches and sunsets! We've stayed at Couples Negril and it is lovely. There are three air conditioned restaurants for dinner. The breeze blowing through the main buffet keeps it quite cool. There's also room service if you wanted to stay in your air conditioned room for a particularly hot day. I have been reading a lot of amazing reviews about Sunset At the Palms resort ( I see another poster has mentioned it too) where much of the resort is surrounded by jungle, (your rooms are in tree houses!) so I would imagine that the trees keep things cool. Both are adults only.

Ormond Beach...
Destination Expert
for Vermont, Ormond Beach
Level Contributor
9,517 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Adults only resort suggestions

The full-service AIs that are adult-only in Negril are: Couples (2 of 'em), Sandals, SATP, Hedo, and portions of the Riu and Sensatori. Hedo's the only 1 we've been to, and they have AC in their Italian restaurant. The buffet and 2 other dinner restaurants aren't AC'ed, but we've seldom found them to be uncomfortably warm. There are ceiling fans in the main buffet that move air decently.

Reply to: Adults only resort suggestions
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted