We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bath

sioux city, ia
Level Contributor
107 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Bath

hello everyone- i saw on the travel channel about a place called Bath. i guess it's sacred water with natural hot springs. they showed a woman getting a massage by the springs. it looked very interesting and would be something i would be interested in. my husband and i will be staying at csa not til December of this year but if anyone has info about this place and how to book a tour please post. thanks for all the help.

Indiana
Level Contributor
10,652 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bath

I have been to Bath. It is a neat place, but it is not even remotely feasible from Negril.

Bath is in mountains of the far Southeast coast of Jamaica.

It would be, I don't know, 6-8 hours each way by car.

Mentioned in this post
Negril
Negril
Jamaica
Jamaica
Jamaica
Caribbean
sioux city, ia
Level Contributor
107 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bath

since this will be our first visit to Jamaica i really don't want to spend that much time in a car but sure does look like a neat place to visit. when we plan our second vacation to Jamaica maybe it could be something to look into. thanks for your help.

Mentioned in this post
Jamaica
Jamaica
Caribbean
Indiana
Level Contributor
10,652 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bath

Check out Port Antonio for your next trip, then.

From Negril, you would literally be traveling by car, over questionably roads, from the Westernmost point of the island to nearly the Easternmost point...and Jamaica is not a small island.

12-16 hours in a car in ONE day doesn't sound like a fun vacation to me.

From Port Antonio, the drive would be MUCH shorter.

Mentioned in this post
Negril
Negril
Jamaica
Jamaica
Jamaica
Caribbean
Kingston, Jamaica
Level Contributor
2,581 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bath

Easton is spot on with those posts - Bath is out of the question from Negril

Port Antonio would make a good base for a future visit that could include Bath Fountain, also Reach Falls and Blue Mountain area.

Mentioned in this post
Negril
Negril
Jamaica
Reach Falls
Reach Falls
655 Reviews
Jamaica
boston, ma
Level Contributor
1,205 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bath

a similar though not identical experience would be roaring river @ blue hole northeast of sav la mar. underground caves with moving mineralized waters - the caves are a limestone and most personal guides should be able to arrange something like that for you.

likewise, the waterfall massage effect can be had under the falls at YS falls - tho these waters are not mineralized.

lastly, the cave-like mineral pool in little bay (where bob marley may have cooled off back in the day) is a nice side trip if you're visiting that quaint little village and making the rounds of the bat cave, romies, the all ages school, etc. again, not far from negril.

Central Ohio
Destination Expert
for Negril, Port Antonio, Treasure Beach
Level Contributor
13,409 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bath

....or Milk River Bath, which is 3-4 hours from Negril on the south coast not far past Alligator Pond.

You could combine that with a trip to see or snorkel with manatees at Alligator Hole, a stop at Little Ochi for lunch or dinner in Alligator Pond, a swim in Gut River....

Mentioned in this post
Negril
Negril
Jamaica
Central Ohio
Destination Expert
for Negril, Port Antonio, Treasure Beach
Level Contributor
13,409 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bath

jamaicans.com/tourist/…milkriver.shtml

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milk_River_Bath

discoverjamaica.com/gleaner/…tour7.htm

With the new south coast highway, it might be a quicker trip than when we were there.

8. Re: Bath

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 September 2009, 01:20