We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Xtabi Resort - Cottage 2

Which Negril hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
121 posts
Save Topic
Xtabi Resort - Cottage 2

My boyfriend and i are visiting Negril in October and have decided to spend two nights on the cliffs at Xtabi because everyone has said nothing but good things about this place. After reading so many reviews it seems Cottages 1, 3, 4 and 6 are the best. Cottage 2 seems to be not the best one. I've been informed that our reservation has been booked for Cottage 2 and i'm not really happy. Can anyone who's visited Xtabi tell me which are the best cottages with privacy and a view and possibly and outside shower? And what's the downside to Cottage 2?

Thank You

Sam

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
416 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Xtabi Resort - Cottage 2

I'm one of the reviewers you may have read! We were in 3 and were initially a little bummed because it wasn't 1 or 4, but ended up loving it. I think 3 may have a better view than 2, but 2 may be slightly more private. I wouldn't worry if I were you, you'll love it.

Be prepared: it will be so quiet and peaceful that you may spend days at a time in a blissed out fog. Make sure you snorkel off the cliffs and eat at 3 Dives (2 minute walk heading away from "town." Going down to the beach is worth it for a few hours, partly because it makes you feel really smug about your decision to stay at Xtabi.

2. Re: Xtabi Resort - Cottage 2

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 05 September 2013, 08:35
Level Contributor
121 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Xtabi Resort - Cottage 2

Thanks Kate 208. It seems lots of people are raving about Cottage 6 having the access to the cave right under thier cottage, Cottage 1 because it's the furthest out, Cottage 3 becuase it has the outside shower and Cottage 4 is more spacious upstairs. But Cottage 2 gets no love :(. Someone in their reviews said "Don't Get Cottage 2" so i've been upset since i found out that's the cottage were in. I'm trying to see if they can give me a different one. Why do you feel Cottage 2 is more private?

Ormond Beach...
Destination Expert
for Vermont
Level Contributor
7,756 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Xtabi Resort - Cottage 2

If memory serves, cottage #2 is set back a litle, behind & between #1 & 3. You can see #1, 3 & 4 in the video from Negrilonestop: http://negrilonestop.com/xtabi_video.shtml.

So the sea views from #2 are a little more limited, but still nice. The photos on onestop show #2 & its view: http://negrilonestop.com/xtabi_photos.shtml. The folks at onestop can tell you if it has an outdoor shower, in addt'n to the one shown in the photos.

Since Oct. is the low season, there may be other cottages available. Your travel agent can check for you, or call/email Xtabi directly. You'll have a great stay regardless. Cottages #1-4 are all clustered together around nice little paths on the north end of the property. Very pretty & and convenient to the restaurant/bar - but with nice privacy in their own landscaped garden area. Friends stayed in cottage #1 and that would be my top choice by a small margin. Enjoy!

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
416 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Xtabi Resort - Cottage 2

Cottage 2 is more private than 3 because the people in 2 have to walk right past 3's outdoor shower to get to their cottage! It was disconcerting but no one did it while I was out there and I was so relaxed I probably would have just smiled & waved. ;) 3 is also right off a set of cliff steps...2 is tucked away.

We were there in early November last year and they were taking advantage of the low season to do some painting and minor repairs to some of the cottages. That could cut down on the number available. You could wait until you get there to see if any of the others are freed up.

Level Contributor
121 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Xtabi Resort - Cottage 2

Thank you. I forgot about onestopnegril, Susan has been very helpful in giving me information. I did contact Xtabi today to ask if I could reserve cottage #1 and that's when they advised if it wasn't available for one of the nights i'll be there and so they put me in cottage #2 but let me see if they can switch me to another cottage, it doesn't hurt to ask.

North Lewisburg...
Level Contributor
632 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Xtabi Resort - Cottage 2

We stayed in cottage 2 in July. You will love it and will not be disappointed. it is private. the views were beautiful. Private message me your email and I will send you pictures. it has a large outside shower and a very nice patio. there is a cave right underneath it. Xtabi is a small resort. all of the cottages are fairly close. you will see what I mean when you get there. don't let reviews ruin your vacation. You have made a good choice.

Level Contributor
121 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Xtabi Resort - Cottage 2

I just sent you a message with my email address, please do send me pics

North Lewisburg...
Level Contributor
632 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Xtabi Resort - Cottage 2

I sent you pictures, let me know if you don't get them. You will have a great time. Relax you will nit be disappointed.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1 post
20 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Xtabi Resort - Cottage 2

Looking at cottage #2 for our stay early December....is it really worth twice the price of a standard superior room? We stayed in Cottage #6 last year and loved it. We're on a tighter budget this year and are interested in any opinions. Thanks!