We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Marva Shaw

SW Oklahoma
Level Contributor
55 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Marva Shaw

I read about Marva Shaw on this website and could not find anything bad about her so we booked her to take 3 couples around Jamaica on our second day of vacation. We could not have asked for a better start to our vacation. Marva took us out for 6 hours that day. She showed us pretty much anything we wanted to see and took us to eat where the locals eat. We always like to get off of the beaten path and see the real side of where we are visiting and we got to do that with Marva. She is one of the nicest ladies you will ever meet and new the answer to every question that we asked her. If anyone is in need of a tour guide while staying in Jamaica you will not go wrong with Marva.

MASS
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Marva Shaw

How can I set up a tour with her. My three grown children and I will be in Jamaica for one day in Jan,as part of a cruise, and would love to set something up with her to tour the island. We have agreed to dunns falls but not sure what else? My daughter will be 22 son 21 and other son 19. Did anyone swim with the sharks? Swim with the dolphins?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
10,736 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Marva Shaw

"Did anyone swim with the sharks"

this is after you come out of dunns falls at the top and before you reach the gates (also known as the craft market :))

there are no real sharks in Jamaica that I'm aware of... small hammerheads and some fair size nurse but sharks aren't a huge issue... I think the reef that's a good distance away from the island keep the killer ones out them away...

but seriously, is there a shark swimming experience? my gosh? i know they have a tank at dolphin cove, but i don't think they let people in it, do they???

eeeek

Chelle

Jersey City, New...
Destination Expert
for Anguilla, St. Lucia
Level Contributor
4,284 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Marva Shaw

Is the Marva Shaw you're referring to someone who used to(and still may be) a singer? If so, I think I've met her through mutual friends.

Thx!

West Virginia
Level Contributor
5 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Marva Shaw

We used Marva Shaw (www.knowjamaica.com) as our tour guide in February/March 2007 - she was fantastic! I'm so glad you had a great time too!!!

Level Contributor
455 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Marva Shaw

You can swim with the sharks at dolphin cove. I went swimming with the dolphins best experience I have ever had. It was great! My next best experience in Jamaica would be the zip linning.

6. Re: Marva Shaw

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2009, 20:21