We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Love the FDR

Tulsa, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
18 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Love the FDR

Just got back from a great 6-day stay. Loved it even more the second time around! Submitted my review already. My 7-year-old was begging to go back this year. There is just something for everyone to do. The kiddo decimated the hermit crab population of Runaway Bay (catch and release, of course), the wife read by the pool and won me coffee and rum cream in contests, and I dove. Snorkeling was great with the little one. And JERK CHICKEN. Just a great family vacation.

Let me say, if I ever win the lottery, I'm heading to Jamaica. The people are great. So is Red Strip Beer. :)

Oakville, Ontario
Level Contributor
1,034 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Love the FDR

Glad to hear it is still great. We took our kids twice when they were little........they are now 16 and 19.........had a great time too.

MASS.
Level Contributor
192 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Love the FDR

Glad to hear you love the FDR - So so we . We were just ther in June for 11 days - It was awesome.

MASS.
Level Contributor
192 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Love the FDR

Oh yeah- it was our 8th time there

Jackson, Michigan
Level Contributor
6,156 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Love the FDR

Great to hear! Jamaica is a great place to unwind.

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
175 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Love the FDR

Isn't FDR great? We were fortunate enough to go twice last year. Not sure it's in the cards for this year, but we will definitely go back. It is just such a nice relaxing vacation. It's the best of both worlds, you can spend time with the kids, but you can also spend some time reading by the pool why they play with the nanny.

Tulsa, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
18 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Love the FDR

I was nervous because there were not many people there. Why is that? The FDR is a great family vacation. My kid asks to go there. She's been to both Disneys but asks to got back to the FDR.

Tulsa, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
18 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Love the FDR

Ah, my review finally got posted.

MASS.
Level Contributor
192 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Love the FDR

BTW - there is an FDR group on facebook and is always looking for more FDR'ers!

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
2,118 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Love the FDR

:-)

xxx

Tulsa, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
18 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Love the FDR

I don't know if there is or not. It would be a good idea though.

Get answers to your questions about Runaway Bay
Recent Conversations