We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

caves help please

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
132 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
caves help please

We are going to Club Ambiance in September. My husband and friends have been there before, it is my first trip to Jamiaca. They were talking about caves that you ride a bike to from Club Ambiance. When you are in the caves, there is a lake that adds 10 years to your life if you jump in clothed and 20 if you jump in naked. None of them remember the name of the caves and all i can find on google is the green grotto caves. Is it the same place? There is no mention of adding years on any website. Last time my husband was there was 11 years ago. Any help would be appriciated.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
10,736 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: caves help please

can't help you but you might want to put something like "caves bike tour from CA" in your subject line... the caves is the name of an upscale resort in Negril and your title will likely cause a little confusion...

Chelle

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
2,118 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: caves help please

hi chell :-)

beachbaby......ive not heard that one about the green grotto caves ...and ive been there....it was a while back...maybe its said in jest by the guide during the talk they give you on the way around the caves?

i did find this tho.....

Mayfield Waterfalls

Some say the fountain of youth is a myth. You can experience reality!! View with your own eyes 21 natural Jacuzzis. The mineral rich water is a favorite of the locals for its healing properties. Explore and learn about the Jamaican secrets of herbs and wild life. Envision a natural massage in the cool mineral pools or hike along the river.

Don't forget your swimwear, towels and camera

stay young !!!!!

xxx

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
132 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: caves help please

Thanks chelle, didn't know there was a resort called the caves.

Fruityme I dont think it is the waterfalls. Hubby says it was definately caves. Might have been the guide saying it but several people did jump in. Just showed hubby some pics of green grotto and he says thats the place. guess I will just have to wait and see.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,560 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: caves help please

beachbaby, you are not talking about rolling river are you? It would be some bike ride, but its is caves that has a pool, that is real deep. Divers from all over the world come to measure it and haven't reached the bottom yet :)

some call it roaring river.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
132 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: caves help please

I will check that out to. Hubby said it was about 10 minutes from CA. Hard to keep asking his friends, they are all in Liverpool and I don't want to run the phone bill up tooo high. If anything I will just have to wait til we go and he shows me. If I ever find it I will let you all know.

uk
Level Contributor
65 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: caves help please

The caves that are near ca are called Green Grotto caves it is about a 15 minute bike ride from the hotel, i never heard that story about the water either, i would have bathed in it otherwise :)

Kingston, Canada
Level Contributor
19,501 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: caves help please

It's definitely the Green Grotto that is being asked about. The underground lake is there but the myth about adding years to ones life is just that, a myth, probably started by those who work there as guides just to add to the experience. It wouldn't be the first time as similar myths have been started at other attractions. Just go and enjoy it for what it is as I did a long time ago. Nice experience.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
132 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: caves help please

Thanks all. we figured out it was the green grotto caves. Hubby hasn't been there in 11 years though, can you still jump in the water?

halifax
Level Contributor
248 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: caves help please

We were there on a tour in April, and we did not get to jump in any water, or were not given the opportunity to.

10. Re: caves help please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 October 2009, 17:16