We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gran Bahia Principe - trip review

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1,893 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Gran Bahia Principe - trip review

any questions? i'm happy to answer them.

i'll post my review as a reply.

Ontario,Canada
Level Contributor
93 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
31. Re: Gran Bahia Principe - trip review

Thankyou Sparky011,for the info. Did you bring any gifts for the maids and gardeners??? If so can you tell me what you brought with you. I know they appreciate the money, but I'm thinking of their family.

Thankyou for your advice, will make sure we do what you said about the forms.

I hope everything will go well for us.

Oakville, Ontario
Level Contributor
1,034 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
32. Re: Gran Bahia Principe - trip review

We brought school supplies/hand lotions, personal care items. I googled the question and up came many suggestions.

Have fun.

Ontario,Canada
Level Contributor
93 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
33. Re: Gran Bahia Principe - trip review

Thankyou for the info, I will deffinely bring school supplies, plus some personal stuff. I am a firm believer in education supply. That is something you cant get enough of.

Thankkyou everyone who answered my questions.

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
52 posts
Save Reply
34. Re: Gran Bahia Principe - trip review

Hi All

We will be at the GBP in late April. I have asked some questions in another post but am getting no response so I will ask them here.

First off,this is my first trip to Jamaica but I have been to Mexico, DR, and Cuba over the last 8 years and even though we have stayed at some sub par resorts we have always had a wonderful time so I don't think we will have any issues we can't deal with. I just have some minor questions.

At home I drink Appleton estates rum. Is this considered a premium brand at the GBP or is it even available?

Is power in the rooms 110 or 220?

Did anyone SCUBA dive out of this resort? I am PADI OW certified and would welcome any suggestions from fellow divers.

I am also an avid snorkeler. Any tips for this area?

Thanks

Oakville, Ontario
Level Contributor
1,034 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
35. Re: Gran Bahia Principe - trip review

Power is the same as at home.

Make sure you get two key cards. Leave one in slot on departure or power goes off when you are out of room. No big deal, but if you want to leave something charging or whatever, a big of a problem.

Cant answer others, but I am sure you will get answers promptly. I understand the snorkeling is good from others......equipment not the greatest here.....have fun.

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
52 posts
Save Reply
36. Re: Gran Bahia Principe - trip review

Thanks Sparky011

37. Re: Gran Bahia Principe - trip review

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 October 2009, 06:17