We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Leaving times from GBP resort tip

Oakville, Ontario
Level Contributor
1,036 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Leaving times from GBP resort tip

Just a heads up....unless it has been changed, Sunwing had a 5 hour ahead pick up for flights. So that meant we had to leave resort at 6:30 in the am. before even Buffet opened. Alot of people resisted that, and our bus wound up waiting for the late ones till 7:15 am because they wanted to get food to take on board.

Then when we arrived at airport, which is about an hour away, Sunwing desk did not open till 8:30-9am anyway.....

Some of the vacationers hired cabs and shared costs with other families and left resort at 10:00 and still made flight ok.

Air canada has about a 3 hour before pick up.

Next time I book anywhere, I will make sure I know register in my head flight departure time given me at booking, that will determine if I book the vacation.

Like in NY. They like a 3 hour pick up. So I now book 6pm - 7pm flights home, so at least I have more time in NY. What is the point of paying lets say for a Sunday night room just to have to leave at 6 am Monday for a 9am flight home?

Just a tip.

Wayzata
Level Contributor
1,577 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Leaving times from GBP resort tip

I suggest hiring a private transfer. Alfredstaxi is a great choice @ aol.com

I had Alfred pick me up 3 hours early. The airport check in is PAINFULLY slow. If you are there with a huge group it would be even worse.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Leaving times from GBP resort tip

anybody know about air transats pick-up times ... departures to airport from gran bahia principe

Oakville, Ontario
Level Contributor
1,036 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Leaving times from GBP resort tip

When we were there, 3 hours was the least all the way to 5 hours. I would check with your agent.

When we booked with Flight Centre, we left at 7 am flight to go and when she said you will leave at 1 pm I thought great, some time in am to have last swim etc. Not the case.

4. Re: Leaving times from GBP resort tip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 October 2009, 05:17