We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

St Lucia on a budget

London
Level Contributor
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
St Lucia on a budget

Hi , I am a syudent going to st. Lucia in June 2008 can anybody give me some money saving tips &? activities? also is anyone else going to st lucia around this time?

Niantic, Connecticut
Level Contributor
231 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: St Lucia on a budget

Red you guys should go to the Gros Islet jump up and put some pep into that relaxing vacation. Dancing, drinking and eating in the streets. It's fun, get a taxi driver to bring you and show you around a bit then he will wait and bring you home. Or at least my taxi driver did... Pigeon Island is close and that's a fun and cheap excursion. Go to reduit beach and rent a jet ski or go parasailing. Night life is all right in Rodney Bay...

London
Level Contributor
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: St Lucia on a budget

hey thanks - i already planned to go to the jump up ; i want to go whale watching as well

Vieux Fort, St...
Level Contributor
1,211 posts
1 review
Save Reply
13. Re: St Lucia on a budget

here are some reasonably priced suggestions for accommdation for your trip one in the north and one in the south:- (June is quiet here anyway, so the prices are low season).

Bay Guesthouse, Gros Islet - clean, right next to the seas, likely to meet similar travellers.

Cascara Guesthouse in Soufriere, clean, good views and $25US per night.

You might also want to check out Lobsterpot on the net, it is a small chalet complex in Vieux Fort by the airport, easy to move around from, got cable tv and right on the beach.

Have fun here, may see you, I have the gift shop in Soufriere.

Debbie

Florida
Level Contributor
10 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: St Lucia on a budget

Hello everyone -

Going to STL for the third time this June. I suggest the Anse-la-Raye Friday night fish fry as a fun and inexpensive destination. Not as far from Soufriere as Rodney Bay, and more of a local flavor.

Toronto
Level Contributor
9 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: St Lucia on a budget

You could stay at the Hummingbird Resort in the standard room. Walk to near by beaches (Anse Chastenat and Margretout), skip the touristy places and check out the Petit Piton Falls (hot spring). Buy groceries for lunch at the store and fruit from the market.

16. Re: St Lucia on a budget

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 05 May 2009, 01:05
17. Re: St Lucia on a budget

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 November 2009, 11:29
Get answers to your questions about Soufriere