We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Some general questions, Staying at Fond Doux in March!

Eastern MA
2 posts
Save Topic
Some general questions, Staying at Fond Doux in March!

Hi Everyone!

My husband and I are staying at Fond Doux in March and will be renting a car to get around. I am curious about what we will need cash for... I assume that most restaurants will take credit but will watersports and things of that nature take them as well? What should we be preparing to pay for in cash? Also- should we convert our USD at the airport to ECD?

Since we are going to be driving we will need to get our licenses to drive around the island. Is that something we should do at the airport when we arrive? Red Tiger is picking us up at the airport so I was wondering if we need to give ourselves some extra time to do that stuff.

Thanks for helping- these forums really help since we have never traveled out of the country before!

Castries, St. Lucia
Level Contributor
377 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Some general questions, Staying at Fond Doux in March!

The bigger, nicer restaurants will all take credit, but the smaller, local places probably won't. If you stop by a vendor on the road, make sure you have cash. Some of the watersports are just locals coming by and not attached to the hotel, so you will probably need cash for those as well.

I would use EC, so that means you could either exchange at the airport, or it is easy to hit an ATM and withdraw EC from your home account.

2. Re: Some general questions, Staying at Fond Doux in March!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 March 2009, 22:30
3. Re: Some general questions, Staying at Fond Doux in March!

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 04 May 2009, 23:35
4. Re: Some general questions, Staying at Fond Doux in March!

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 November 2009, 14:24
Get answers to your questions about Soufriere