We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

HELP Please! Any feed back on Villa des Pitons Soufriere?

Sherwood Park
Level Contributor
82 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
HELP Please! Any feed back on Villa des Pitons Soufriere?

Can not find many reviews on this hotel. Their web site

looks interesting, but I always like to hear feed back from other travelers. We would really like to spend some time in the Soufriere area, but the high end resorts are out of our price range and of course the more reasonable are either booked up or need a car to reach.

BC
Level Contributor
233 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: HELP Please! Any feed back on Villa des Pitons Soufriere?

You can find several posts and reviews if you use the search engine at the top of this page.

The Hummingbird is in the same price range, is right on the beach at the edge of town and also has some good reviews.

UK
Level Contributor
494 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: HELP Please! Any feed back on Villa des Pitons Soufriere?

Hi

I'm really sorry I can't help with your question about this or DiamondView but I'd love to know if you find out anything more about either place and where you stay in the end as it appears we are on about the same budget for a possible trip next year!

Please let us know about your choice when you come back.

R

Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
71 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: HELP Please! Any feed back on Villa des Pitons Soufriere?

We stayed at Jalousie our last trip and although they have a beautiful beach and great snorkling right off of their beach...the prices of the food are high. Its definitely ore of an All inclusive. We did't like its location...we felt like it cost so much more $ to get anywhere fro Jalousie.

We also stayed at Stonefield and really loved the view of Pitons from our villa as well as the kitchen in our villa which allowed us to save $ by not having to EAT EVERY MEAL OUT! They also provide a shuttle (I think it was twice a day) to Jalousie beach as well as in town (i.e. grocery store, restaurants, harbor).

We have not stayed at TiKaye, however, we did do a day trip there by water taxi. We went snorkelling and enjoyed lunch. Plenty of people seem to enjoy it there, but you are missing out on the most magical part of St Lucia...the Pitons coming out of the ocean!

We also like reasonable, so we are once again staying at Humingbird Beach Resort in Soufriere. This is a very rustic hotel, which is right on the beach. Ceiling fan, no AC unless you get room under the pool, but then you have no view. We have stayed in their honeymoon suite which is right over the beach and you go to sleep to lapping of waves on shoreand has a great balcony two. It costs around $200/night which includes breakfast and tax. They have a great pool and patio deck with nice chairs and the fabulous view of Pitons. Food has always been excellent here and the location couldn't be better. We swim right off the beach to some great snorkelling and then their is a dock right there that you can find local boats/water taxis to take you out for the day or just a few hours to one of the other many beaches and resorts. Its close enough to walk into town too. We love to meet the locals and you get to meet some of them on the beach.

We also have stayed at Mago Estate, but didn't feel real safe there. There were o phones in room and you are so far away down hill from office. But you should go up for a drink or dinner, because they are built right into the mountain.

I also saw a really cute link to "Treehouse" which is a small 1 bedroom villa rental...that looked so cool! I can't remember the site, but you may just want to put "Treehouse and Soufriere St Lucia" for it to come up.

No matter what resort you choose always call resort directly first to see if they have any specials not listed....we booked thru a wholesaler for Stonefield...only to arrive at hotel to find they had a deal buy 3 nights get 4th free! This is a huge savings.

Good luck with whatever you decide...you will enjoy St Lucia...its a fabulous vacation destination ad Soufriere has most of the sightseeing - volcano, rainforest, waterfalls, Pitons, Marie preserves, and more!

Camrose
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: HELP Please! Any feed back on Villa des Pitons Soufriere?

Stayed at the Down Town Hotel in Soufriere for a week in Dec, the old town square is just across the street so it can be a bit noisy. It was clean and comfortable, quite reasonable but not fancy. A small resturant on the ground floor wasn't open for breakfast but a couple of bakeries close that you could get pastries and sandwiches at. A short walk to the beach by Humming Bird resort and good divin with Chester.

5. Re: HELP Please! Any feed back on Villa des Pitons Soufriere?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 05 May 2009, 01:05
6. Re: HELP Please! Any feed back on Villa des Pitons Soufriere?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 November 2009, 14:25
Get answers to your questions about Soufriere