We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jade Mountain/Anse Chastanet Dining

Georgia, US
Level Contributor
48 posts
Save Topic
Jade Mountain/Anse Chastanet Dining

I have read on the website that people staying at JM can eat at the restaurants of AC, but can people staying at AC eat at JC? I mean if you have the AI? If not, what sort of price ranges are there to eat at JM?

Sweden
Level Contributor
399 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jade Mountain/Anse Chastanet Dining

NO, Anse Chastanet guests are not permitted to go up to Jade Mountain. It doesn't matter if you have an AI plan or not, they don't allow you to dine at Jade Club. However, Jade Mountain guests have the privilege to use all the facilities at AC. The Jade Club menu is different from AC menu, however the price range is the same. Jade Club and all the other facilities/amenities at JM are only for Jade guests because they want to keep it more private.

Georgia, US
Level Contributor
48 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Jade Mountain/Anse Chastanet Dining

Ah well... not a big deal to me really. I just thought I would see since I am staying right there. I will just have to get out and try a few of these places people recommend like Ladera's restaurant or I think another one was called The Coal Pot...

Thanks for the info though!

England
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
3,525 posts
233 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Jade Mountain/Anse Chastanet Dining

Hi Airforceflyboy. The Coalpot was very good last time I tried it but it is quite a distance from where you will be staying. I stayed at Jade Mountain recently and certainly the guests seemed either to be JM guests and their friends but did not seem to be from the Anse Chastanet resort. I did a comparison of the food prices and they were fairly similar to that of the AC restaurants.

Have a great time, it is a beautiful part of St Lucia and the scenery is stunning.

Georgia, US
Level Contributor
48 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Jade Mountain/Anse Chastanet Dining

Well, what would be some closer suggested dining options away from AC?

Guelph, Canada
Level Contributor
527 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Jade Mountain/Anse Chastanet Dining

There are plenty.

You can visit the restaurants at other nearby resorts, ie. Dasheene @ Ladera, Mango Tree @ Stonefield - both are fantastic.

Or go into town and eat with the locals. Authentic local island dining. ie. Gee's Bon Manje, Camille's, and various other restaurants throughout Soufriere. You can't miss them!

Berkshire
Destination Expert
for Vieux Fort, Gros Islet
Level Contributor
2,321 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Jade Mountain/Anse Chastanet Dining

You could also try the restaurant at the Fond Doux Plantation. It is good wholesome food, all local produce, and good value.

STEVE

Georgia, US
Level Contributor
48 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Jade Mountain/Anse Chastanet Dining

Late in replying again... but had alot to do lately. My trip is coming up this week so I am getting antsy.

Ok, I plan on trying some local places in Soufriere like Camillas...

But I am looking to take my GF to some place that is not overly expensive... but romantic with decent atmosphere. I have heard about Mango, Hummingbird, La Haut, etc. but what would be the recommendation?

Vieux Fort, St...
Level Contributor
1,211 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Jade Mountain/Anse Chastanet Dining

Hummingbird on a Wednesday night. There is live entertainment during/after dinner which makes it more of an event but not too formal, and the setting is lovely alongside the beach if you want a romantic stroll in the moonlight.

The views from La Haut are stunning, but it can get chilly and damp up there, and the atmosphere is o.k. but not as romantic.

Georgia, US
Level Contributor
48 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Jade Mountain/Anse Chastanet Dining

Hummingbird take/need reservations?

10. Re: Jade Mountain/Anse Chastanet Dining

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 November 2009, 15:21
Get answers to your questions about Soufriere