We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jade Restaurants

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
154 posts
Save Topic
Jade Restaurants

Hi, I didn't want to hijack the other thread on dining at Anse Chastenet so I figured I would post this here. I recently read that during the low season some of the restaurants are closed at Jade/Anse. I wanted to see if this is the case. Also, does this mean that other things will be closed. I will be there in July and am now worried about going there during the low season and there being nobody else around with few tourist activities. Thanks in advance!

England
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
3,492 posts
233 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jade Restaurants

Larze, do you want me to contact the guys at Jade Mountain and ask this question for you? I am in touch via email with one of the senior staff there (fellow scuba diver :-))

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
154 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Jade Restaurants

If you wouldn't mind that would be great. I contacted the number for US reservations and they were not very helpful.

Carmel, California
Level Contributor
4,288 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Jade Restaurants

I'd be interested in the answer too as I'm headed there next week, thanks!

England
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
3,492 posts
233 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Jade Restaurants

Well, I have emailed a link to these postings to my scuba-diving friend at Jade so, hopefully, will get an answer! We are planning to visit there for one day in June so I too would like to know.

Best wishes, SLE

St.Lucia
4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Jade Restaurants

Hi,

One of our friends made us aware of your question and I wanted to reply to you personally. The Jade Mountain Club at Jade Mountain is open year round, and so are the two restaurants at Anse Chastanet. On a nightly basis you have a choice of dining in our Treehouses restaurant ( fine Caribbean dining ) or Apsara ( St Lucia - East India fusion cuisine ). In addition we serve a beach grill menu in the beach bar also. All our restaurants have vegetarian options but now we have a specialty vegetarian menu also, served in the Piton lounge and titled Emerald's. Our activities as advertised are available year round. Traditionally, our occupancy levels do not go under 70% in the summer season so you won't be alone....

Regards

Karolin from Anse Chastanet & Jade Mountain

Vieux Fort, St...
Level Contributor
1,211 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Jade Restaurants

The question about Jade Mountain and Anse Chastanet has been answered. In regard to Soufriere in general - it does not close down out of season and all the restaurants remain open. However, if there is no one around by 8 some will close early, or if there are few visitors the entertainment will be curtailed.

Simple thing is to make reservations and they will be expecting you.

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
154 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Jade Restaurants

Thank you for all of your replies. I figured that most places would be open, but I had been told that some of them close so I just wanted to make sure. Thanks again!

England
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
3,492 posts
233 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Jade Restaurants

Thanks Karolin for taking the trouble to reply to this.

Carmel, California
Level Contributor
4,288 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Jade Restaurants

Thanks, Karolin & SLE!

10. Re: Jade Restaurants

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 November 2009, 13:16
Get answers to your questions about Soufriere