We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jade Mountain Majordomo

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
154 posts
Save Topic
Jade Mountain Majordomo

I will be heading to Jade Mountain in about a month, and have begun counting down the days! All of the reviews talk about the majordomo each guest at Jade has and how helpful they can be. I am not used to this level of service and tend to do most things on my own. What kind of things are the majordomos used for. I am at a loss for what they can help me with. This already seems to be the easiest vacation I have ever been on with it being AI and a ton of activities already included. I am more used to having to figure out how to get places and where to eat on my own so this will be the most stress free vacation I have ever been on. I was just wondering about all this so i figured I would ask. Thanks in advance!

Guelph, Canada
Level Contributor
527 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jade Mountain Majordomo

Short of spoon feeding you (although they might even do that, not sure) they're at your disposal. There is a group of them assigned to various guests. You're given a cellphone (called a Firefly) to call them. Sometimes they're busy with other guests but they will eventually get to you. Don't feel obligated to ask them for anything at all. It's their job and most are happy about it.

When we went, we didn't utilize them much, also not used to ordering people around. But for the price you pay there, use them. But don't treat them as slaves. Have fun!

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
154 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Jade Mountain Majordomo

Thanks for the response Thai! I will probably be like you and not use them too often. I am much more used to working side by side with people or be the one getting bossed around (life of a lowly med student).

Sweden
Level Contributor
399 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Jade Mountain Majordomo

They can arrange tours for you, as well as make dinner reservations. For example, the Apsara Restaurant at Anse Chastanet requires reservations for the evenings. In case you want to surprise your partner and organize a private dinner or something like that, the majordomos do it all for you. If you want to take a shuttle up to Jade from the beach level you can simply let the majordomo know about it and he/she will contact the shuttle driver. Some people are very demanding and enjoy having a butler "serving" them, whereas others prefer to do everything on their own. Overall, you have already paid for the majordomo service and they are there to make your life easier by doing whatever you ask them to do!

4. Re: Jade Mountain Majordomo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 November 2009, 16:18
Get answers to your questions about Soufriere