We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grand Case Beach Club or Le Petit Hotel?

Salem, Massachusetts
Level Contributor
11 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Grand Case Beach Club or Le Petit Hotel?

Hello!

I am having the hardest time deciding between these two places for an upcoming trip to St Martin for my boyfriend and I.

I have never had this much trouble deciding before! We are loving that they are both within walking distance to restaurants and love that they are both beachfront, but also would like to have the pool to mix it up. (I know both have a pool available for use, Le Petit being at a sister resort)

Here is what I have

Le Petit - pros - better breakfast/balcony area, nicer rooms, longer beach to walk on/sit on, more attention to detail as only 10 rooms

Grand Case Beach Club pros - bigger resort, more affordable, beach/pool& restaurant/bar service

We are looking for a peaceful tropical vacation with a mix of activity! We do hang in the room a bit on vacation, in the morning lounging on porch with coffee and at night with a drink, and would walk to restaurants in the evening. Maybe a day excursion or two to mix it up. Would definitely take advantage of the snorkeling (or any other water activities!) however good or bad it is!, we still think its fun even if we don't see anything. I would say 75%/25% time spent at beach vs pool, we are ocean people. But like the variety.

Any help or personal experiences would be most appreciated. I am really so torn!

Thank you!

19 replies to this topic
Boston...
Level Contributor
13 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Grand Case Beach Club or Le Petit Hotel?

Le Petit Hotel! Owner is from Boston. Can use the heated pool at L'Esplanade (sister hotel) with best bartender on island. Complimentary yoga and spa onsite at L'Esplanade. You might want to consider L'Esplanade, it is a short walk to the beach and apart from not being directly on the beach, has all the elements you are looking for. It is a very pleasant walk to dinner from L'Esplanade. Just some food for thought.

Cupecoy Bay, St...
Level Contributor
10,540 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Grand Case Beach Club or Le Petit Hotel?

Another vote for Le Petit!

Level Contributor
289 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Grand Case Beach Club or Le Petit Hotel?

I have never stayed at either but have been around both.

To me Beach Club is more a traditional resort while Le Petit feels and looks much more like a bed & breakfast.

Also unless you walk on a very narrow road your only way to get to restaurants appears to be via the beach.

If I were choosing I'd go with Grand Case Beach Club.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
99 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Grand Case Beach Club or Le Petit Hotel?

Wow. Those couldn't more different! Just returned from GC what a fabulous place. We stayed in a condo about three doors up from Lee Petite. We heard great things about it. We went to Sunset Cafe for Lunch one day and frankly the GCBC wasn't for us. Too big snooty. Gated community and no beach by comparison. Also about the walk into town. Neither the road aortic the beach are an issue but heard the Leafs Petite offers complimentary "johnnie cart" rides. Awesome way to go.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
99 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Grand Case Beach Club or Le Petit Hotel?

Wow. Those couldn't more different! Just returned from GC what a fabulous place. We stayed in a condo about three doors up from Lee Petite. We heard great things about it. We went to Sunset Cafe for Lunch one day and frankly the GCBC wasn't for us. Too big snooty. Gated community and no beach by comparison. Also about the walk into town. Neither the road aortic the beach are an issue but heard the Leafs Petite offers complimentary "johnnie cart" rides. Awesome way to go.

North Truro...
Level Contributor
26 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Grand Case Beach Club or Le Petit Hotel?

For my boyfriend and me.

Loganton...
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Grand Case Beach Club or Le Petit Hotel?

Have stayed at GCBC at least 10 times and have been to Le Petit Hotel to check it out. Going to GCBC this July with our whole family. You will love it. Pool has been just remodeled and is amazing. The sister hotel is near GCBC and quite a walk from the Le Petit. Le Petit is also on a busy street and is more like a B & B as the other reviewer stated.

Atlanta
Level Contributor
1,088 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Grand Case Beach Club or Le Petit Hotel?

If you can afford it, Le Petit hands down

Boston...
Level Contributor
176 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Grand Case Beach Club or Le Petit Hotel?

Wow, would have never thought of Le Petit as a B&B! The main difference is that Le Petit is a boutique hotel. small, quiet (you won't see many kids) on the main road, but situated beachside. Some great beach bars quite close. Grand Case Beach Club is much bigger, family oriented, about the same distance from restaurants as Le Petit, just in the opposite direction. You can walk to everything from both places, one not being safer than the other.

If it were just me and my boyfriend, and the cost was not an issue, I'd choose Le Petit.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
38 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Grand Case Beach Club or Le Petit Hotel?

Grand Case Beach Club all the way ... i can élaborate if u wish...let me know! i'm there tomorrow from california for my bday

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g14…

Reply to: Grand Case Beach Club or Le Petit Hotel?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Grand Case
Recent Conversations