We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grand Case Beach Club or Le Petit Hotel?

Salem, Massachusetts
Level Contributor
11 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Grand Case Beach Club or Le Petit Hotel?

Hello!

I am having the hardest time deciding between these two places for an upcoming trip to St Martin for my boyfriend and I.

I have never had this much trouble deciding before! We are loving that they are both within walking distance to restaurants and love that they are both beachfront, but also would like to have the pool to mix it up. (I know both have a pool available for use, Le Petit being at a sister resort)

Here is what I have

Le Petit - pros - better breakfast/balcony area, nicer rooms, longer beach to walk on/sit on, more attention to detail as only 10 rooms

Grand Case Beach Club pros - bigger resort, more affordable, beach/pool& restaurant/bar service

We are looking for a peaceful tropical vacation with a mix of activity! We do hang in the room a bit on vacation, in the morning lounging on porch with coffee and at night with a drink, and would walk to restaurants in the evening. Maybe a day excursion or two to mix it up. Would definitely take advantage of the snorkeling (or any other water activities!) however good or bad it is!, we still think its fun even if we don't see anything. I would say 75%/25% time spent at beach vs pool, we are ocean people. But like the variety.

Any help or personal experiences would be most appreciated. I am really so torn!

Thank you!

19 replies to this topic
Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
37,654 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Grand Case Beach Club or Le Petit Hotel?

We stayed at Le Petit three or four times in the past, absolutely lovely place. Private, quiet, good service.

Cupecoy Bay, St...
Level Contributor
10,465 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Grand Case Beach Club or Le Petit Hotel?

Le Petit STILL on my bucket list!

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
37,654 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Grand Case Beach Club or Le Petit Hotel?

Ground floor with a patio and a few steps down to the beach...lovely...

Cupecoy Bay, St...
Level Contributor
10,465 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Grand Case Beach Club or Le Petit Hotel?

Rub it in!

Atlanta
Level Contributor
1,086 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Grand Case Beach Club or Le Petit Hotel?

Lol Elaine.. someday!!

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
37,654 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Grand Case Beach Club or Le Petit Hotel?

I can only dream now Elaine, we are unlikely to go back to SXM in the near future, it's just directly from Antigua to St. Barths, although thinking of doing a day trip.

Wayne, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
27 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Grand Case Beach Club or Le Petit Hotel?

Grand Case Beach Club is a lovely resort. We have stayed there a couple of times & have always enjoyed our time there. We've also stayed at L'Esplanade and loved it. It's a beautiful/peaceful spot & rooms are very nice.

All in all we would go back to both. Although we haven't tried Le Petit Hotel- being a sister hotel of L'Esplanade....I'm sure it would be wonderful! Have fun!

Scottsdale, Arizona
Level Contributor
10 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Grand Case Beach Club or Le Petit Hotel?

It is now a moot point, as all of St. Martin has been destroyed by .Hurricane Irma. But I've been to both hotels and Grand Case is nicer! Hopefully they will rebuild soon.

1 post
Save Reply
19. Re: Grand Case Beach Club or Le Petit Hotel?

In September of different years, my wife and I had faboulous vacations at the Grand Case Beach Hotel. It was a fantastic hotel and we hope they can rebuild. Still, we are quite heart-broken at the destruction that is reported to have happened to it. My wife really loves their beaches. However, we are not the types to go to bars.

Edited: 12 September 2017, 04:33
Reply to: Grand Case Beach Club or Le Petit Hotel?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Grand Case
Recent Conversations