We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which villas are available to rent in Nail Bay and Mahoe Bay

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
257 posts
141 reviews
Save Topic
Which villas are available to rent in Nail Bay and Mahoe Bay

I have some people that want to rent about ten villas - we have three in Mahoe but need info on who is available in Nail Bay and or any others that I don't know about in Mahoe - the rental is for two weeks in September from the 8th to the 22nd?

12 replies to this topic
New Paltz, New York
Level Contributor
896 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which villas are available to rent in Nail Bay and Mahoe Bay

To the best of my knowledge, Seaglass is in perfect condition and Sunset Watch and Sundowner are renting. I think many others in Nail Bay are under construction. Not sure about Mahoe. I would contact Trudi at BestofBVI.com She was just recently on VG viewing everything and would be able to help you!

York, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
24 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Which villas are available to rent in Nail Bay and Mahoe Bay

Only sundowner is available, sunset watch is under reconstruction. We were ther just last week. Turtle bay house, overlooking mountain trunk bay is for rent. Not sure about any others that might be available in nail bay as most appeared under construction when I walked around.

New Paltz, New York
Level Contributor
896 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which villas are available to rent in Nail Bay and Mahoe Bay

Jrsjms-Were there signs of rebuilding at Sugarcane at Nail Bay? So little info coming out of Nail Bay still....

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
257 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which villas are available to rent in Nail Bay and Mahoe Bay

Only limited work being done on Sugar mill

Mentioned in this post
Sugar Mill Hotel
Sugar Mill Hotel
653 Reviews
Tortola
York, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
24 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Which villas are available to rent in Nail Bay and Mahoe Bay

The reconstruction efforts appear to be focused on several of the villas closer to Baracka Pointe. The tennis court has been resurfaced , new fencing and new lighting. The Sugarcane restaurant is completely gone, only dirt where it once was. The pool is still there but crumbled and will need complete reconstruction. The apartment buildings that were just uphill from the sugarcane are still standing but need appear to require complete gutting and rebuild. There is no activity on these two apt buildings, at least not while we were there.

New Paltz, New York
Level Contributor
896 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Which villas are available to rent in Nail Bay and Mahoe Bay

Thank you for the detailed update. Hard to imagine Sugarcane GONE! So sad. I had heard the condo buildings were in very rough shape too. We had actually been interested in purchasing one before the hurricanes. The agent told us after the storms that they were decimated but someone came in and put offers on them. Since property takes so long to transfer in the BVI, I imagine they are still in limbo.

Supposedly Nail Bay itself is in the process of being bought over (by the person who owns the golf course and rumor is, the same one who bought Saba) and all will be redone.

We, sadly, aren't booked to return until next April and I am sure lots will have changed by then.

York, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
24 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Which villas are available to rent in Nail Bay and Mahoe Bay

I am told by the local friends we have on the island that yes, much of nail bay is being or has been purchased by the individual that you mention and he is the same who is now financing the rebuild of Saba. I believe he now owns the apartment buildings as well as the sugarcane , and many but not all of the nail bay villas. Some of the villas are still under private ownership.

New Paltz, New York
Level Contributor
896 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Which villas are available to rent in Nail Bay and Mahoe Bay

Oh, I was not aware he was the one buying the apartments/condos!

It all kinda stinks. He wants to keep Nail Bay "private" but it feels too much like he is just trying to kick everyone out to keep it all to himself. I know there are still quite a few privately owned villas but many are also on the market. I really hope Nail Bay doesn't become the sole ownership of this Billionaire. When we found out the condos were unavailable we started considering land there. Apparently he won't allow any more vacant lots to be sold either. Kinda made me mad.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
257 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Which villas are available to rent in Nail Bay and Mahoe Bay

There are several properties for sale in Leverick that were damaged by the storms - many are being sold as is where is.

New Paltz, New York
Level Contributor
896 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Which villas are available to rent in Nail Bay and Mahoe Bay

Yes, I have seen them. Leverick is another great location. So much visual interest! Alot to consider in taking on a rebuild though. Thanks for the updates!

Reply to: Which villas are available to rent in Nail Bay and Mahoe Bay
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted