We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunday Arrival / Beer Purchase

Houston
Level Contributor
144 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Sunday Arrival / Beer Purchase

I saw a thread that Liquor Stores can now open on Sundays. However, I'm having trouble figuring out which ones are actually doing that. Does anyone know of one that is open near Seven Mile Beach? We will be staying at Coralstone Club and would like to purchase some beer the day we arrive.

Big Tree Bbq
$, Caribbean, Barbecue
VIVO
$$ - $$$, Healthy, Caribbean, International
Casanova by the Sea
$$ - $$$, Seafood, Italian
10 replies to this topic
Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
420 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sunday Arrival / Beer Purchase

I believe, on Sundays, beer must be purchased by the case. We bought ours at Anchors .

Grand Cayman
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
10,669 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sunday Arrival / Beer Purchase

Things are changing. Some (not all) liquor stores are now open on Sundays and I don't think they are limited to selling by the case.

Illinois
Level Contributor
1,568 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sunday Arrival / Beer Purchase

There was a recent discussion about this on Aunt Annie and so far there doesn't seem to be any resolution, but at least the authorities are looking into it:

https:/…

GC
Destination Expert
for Cayman Islands
Level Contributor
769 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sunday Arrival / Beer Purchase

More updated article:

"A dozen liquor stores and gas stations have been granted licenses to sell alcohol on Sundays under a new licensing regime."

".....He said all businesses which had pending applications before the board had been granted Sunday retail licenses, similar to that previously given to the Peanuts store at Red Bay gas station...."

"... Tortuga Rum Company, opened two of his outlets, on Seven Mile Beach and at Industrial Park, Sunday."

GC
Destination Expert
for Cayman Islands
Level Contributor
769 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sunday Arrival / Beer Purchase

More info:

"...Following the decision, Brown’s Esso and H&B gas stations and Tortuga have now been given the green light to sell alcohol on Sundays within the limited hours and the board is now expecting more applications over the coming weeks ahead of its meeting in June..."

Houston
Level Contributor
144 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sunday Arrival / Beer Purchase

Thank you for the links. I appreciate everyone's replies.

Illinois
Level Contributor
1,568 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sunday Arrival / Beer Purchase

The Ask Auntie article is from June 3, 2018; so apparently there are still some kinks being worked out; but it apears that the authorities are aware of the issues and will get it straightened out soon.

If you run into problems, you should still be able to buy smaller quantities of alcohol on Sunday afternoons at the Anchors store at the Cayman Islands Yacht Club.

Correction: I meant "Ask Auntie" in my post above, not "Annie"!

Edited: 09 June 2018, 00:13
Mentioned in this post
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
4,044 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sunday Arrival / Beer Purchase

I have purchased a Bucket of Beers on a Sunday at Gino’s Pizzaria, opposite Caribbean Club.

Mentioned in this post
Caribbean Club Luxury Boutique Hotel
Caribbean Club Luxury...
654 Reviews
Grand Cayman
Grand Cayman
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
10,669 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sunday Arrival / Beer Purchase

Cm. That was clever. If you are here for a week and staying in a condo buying a case may not matter. The gas station on the corner by Kirks Supermarket has been licensed for years not sure if it is only cases. Also The Wine Tasting Room might be able to deliver the day before and have the mgr hold it at the condo for you. They make deliveries to Watercolours which is nearby. Mario and Tina are awesome. www.caymanwineboutique.com.

Houston
Level Contributor
144 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Sunday Arrival / Beer Purchase

Thank you all. Looks like we do have options, I appreciate the responses.

Reply to: Sunday Arrival / Beer Purchase
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted