We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bringing Adult Toys

Atlanta, Georgia
1 post
Bringing Adult Toys

So what has been anyone's experience packing in adult toys for couple's personal use? Only talking 2 or 3 items. I saw a post from 2015 on this, but the question wasn't answered as to travellers' personal experiences.

8 replies to this topic
Grand Cayman
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
11,157 posts
81 reviews
61 helpful votes
1. Re: Bringing Adult Toys

I believe they fall into category number 2. Years ago when I was still a visitor I was bringing down gag gifts for a bridal shower. My friends here were very precise on what went "over" the line and basically it was everything so we improvised. Most decision are at the discretion of the individual agent and this is a very conservative country. Following from the gov customs page.

Visitors

Visitors Prohibited & Restricted Goods

Any controlled or illegal drugs or utensils is prohibited..

Obscene publications and articles are prohibited.

Any goods or items depicting or bearing any reference to ganja (marijuana) or the plant is prohibited.

Counterfeit coins and notes.

Instruments and appliances for gambling.

Unless they are transit goods, the export of Lobster, Conch or conch meat in any form is prohibited.

The import and export of Turtles, turtle meat and other turtle products are prohibited.

Firearms, Ammunition, Bullet proof Vest and Gun powder are prohibited unless accompanied by an import permit and license signed by the Commissioner of Police.

Bows, pellet guns, catapults or other manually operated weapons which are capable of projecting arrows or other missiles are prohibited unless accompanied by an import permit and license signed by the Commissioner of Police.

Spear guns, Hawaiian slings and parts etc. is prohibited.

Any other goods that are prohibited under any other law or that may be prescribed by the Governor in Cabinet from time to time.

Penalties

Penalties for Smuggling or Engagement in smuggling of prohibited goods can, on summary conviction can be fined up to $6,000.00 and imprisoned for up to 5 years.

Under the Misuse of Drugs Law fines of up to $20,000.00 and imprisonment up to 15 years can be imposed.

Firearms and ammunition offences are liable to fines of $100,000.00 and imprisonment for 20 years

1 post
2. Re: Bringing Adult Toys

I carried a vibe in my backpack 🎒 without issue

Colorado
Level Contributor
9,850 posts
198 reviews
105 helpful votes
3. Re: Bringing Adult Toys

Post #2

Someone did the same thing with a gun last year. Well in one direction at least.

Best advice is in post #1.

Chicago
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, East End
Level Contributor
6,803 posts
2 reviews
13 helpful votes
4. Re: Bringing Adult Toys

I wonder what post #2 was searching for to bring up an almost 4 month old post on their first post on TA?

:)

B.

Grand Cayman
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
11,157 posts
81 reviews
61 helpful votes
5. Re: Bringing Adult Toys

Perhaps getting a head start on Tinder or Grindr?

Trophy Club, Texas
Destination Expert
for Cayman Islands
Level Contributor
7,278 posts
24 reviews
19 helpful votes
6. Re: Bringing Adult Toys

Since the vast majority of luggage is not inspected inbound, if your toys cannot be construed for potential dangerous devices or are not obviously obscene (leave that to the one's own interpretation), Customs is not focused on confiscating tourists belongings.

What would concern me more, is if I were bringing them home and got selected for a secondary luggage screening at security and had all my belongings pulled from my luggage, piece by piece, on total display for anyone and everyone to see. Worse, if I had to explain what they were to security agents for whom English is a second language and mostly from a very Catholic country.

Macomb, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
4,630 posts
1 review
2 helpful votes
7. Re: Bringing Adult Toys

I was right behind a person going through security when an agent pulled a vibrator from her carry on and asked "What's this?" Lots of giggles from the other agents and passengers.

Grand Cayman
Destination Expert
for Cayman Islands
Level Contributor
719 posts
26 reviews
11 helpful votes
8. Re: Bringing Adult Toys

A local friend of mine who has been in the tourism business in Cayman for almost all of his working career, educated me on the 3 P's, the essentials of why people go on a Caribbean vacation: "to play, to party, and to procreate". Being a good student, I remembered that. And in considering your question, the engineer in me gets to thinking that the equipment you are interested in accompanying you in your luggage could quite "legitimately" be potentially used as tools for either of those purposes, so

play

party

procreate

to your hearts' delight!

And ... if anyone pulls one from your bag and ask what it's for, you can tell them quite honestly that it's a "multipurpose accessory as part of [your] personal effects" - then turn and nod and give a wink at the other curious folks in the line ... Relax, Enjoy, and Be Caymankind! ;-)

Reply to: Bringing Adult Toys
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted