We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day Trippin'

J S
South Bend IN
Level Contributor
11 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Day Trippin'

My wife and I will be staying on GC for 2 weeks in February and I'm looking to break it up with a day trip to LC. Cayman Air arrives at 10am and leaves at 6, so that gives us a good day to rent some bikes, snorkel, late lunch then fly back. Would appreciate any 'must do, see or eat" places to visit. Thanks in advance.

Mentioned in this post
Grand Cayman
Grand Cayman
Cayman Islands
10 replies to this topic
Grand Cayman
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
10,678 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day Trippin'

You pretty much have it covered

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, Grand Cayman, Crested Butte, Gunnison
Level Contributor
8,471 posts
189 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day Trippin'

I certainly wouldn't miss Bloody Bay Wall and it's an easy bike ride from the airport. We also enjoyed snorkeling the boulder garden at Point of Sand but I'm not sure you want to spend hours of your day pedaling to/from the other end of the island. Hungry Iguana is one of the few places to eat as a non-resort guest but you'll need to check their lunch hours and coordinate your travels around when they are open for food service.

Trophy Club, Texas
Destination Expert
for Cayman Islands
Level Contributor
7,083 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Day Trippin'

The bar at Little Cayman Beach Club is also a lunch option. I'd give the food there are slight edge over Hungry Iguana. Both are good though.

Mentioned in this post
Little Cayman Beach Resort
Little Cayman Beach...
633 Reviews
Little Cayman
Trophy Club, Texas
Destination Expert
for Cayman Islands
Level Contributor
7,083 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Day Trippin'

Oh, and I will say I haven't tried biking, but a car rental gives you enough time to get to Jackson's Point to snorkel, eat lunch, return for more snorkeling or chill/snorkel Pointof Sands Beach.

Illinois
Level Contributor
1,572 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Day Trippin'

The island is small but it is bigger than you might think and renting a car will let you see a lot more during your short stay.

There is a small museum in Blossom Village that is very nice and interesting place to visit. Their hours are limited and they are closed on one weekday (Wednesday, I think?) so you should check that out in advance when making your plans.

The Hungry Iguana restaurant is not far from the museum and they offer great cracked conch and lionfish tacos. It was a funky little family-owned place but the property was purchased last year by Dart Realty (along with Paradise Villas). Dart announced plans to remodel the Hungry Iguana during the slow season last fall. They planned to install new furniture and kitchen equipment/etc. from their (now closed) Ortanique and the Britannia Grille restaurants on Grand Cayman. I don't know what the Hungry Iguana is like now.

There is also a marine biology station on the island that gives interesting tours on one afternoon per week (Friday?) and there is a nature preserve and a Booby Pond preserve where you can observe the island's birds and wildlife.

There are dive ops at some of the resorts including Little Cayman Beach Resort and Southern Cross and they can advise you about sites to snorkel from shore. You can also kayak out to tiny, deserted Owen Island and go snorkeling there.

Be advised that it isn't always easy to find flights to and from Little Cayman, especially during the high season like February. The tiny airport only accommodates smaller planes, like Cayman Air's twin otters, and the seats fill up fast. But maybe it will be easier mid-week, I don't know.

It would nice to wait until you are on GC to make your plans to visit LC depending on the weather - but you might not be able to get seats. If you really want to go to LC then you should probably make your flight reservations soon.

Here is the link to an article about non-diving activities on Little Cayman:

https:/…

Have fun, it is a great little place to visit!

Mentioned in this post
Paradise Villas
Paradise Villas
225 Reviews
Little Cayman
Grand Cayman
Grand Cayman
Cayman Islands
Little Cayman Beach...
633 Reviews
Little Cayman
Illinois
Level Contributor
1,572 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Day Trippin'

Here is a short travel video about Little Cayman:

https://youtu.be/Q6pJ7-Acks0

Mentioned in this post
Little Cayman Beach...
633 Reviews
Little Cayman
7. Re: Day Trippin'

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 25 September 2017, 11:05

Annapolis, Maryland
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands
Level Contributor
5,469 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Day Trippin'

Carl, stop.

Promoting a business or using Facebook pages to solicit business is against TA guidelines and your posts will be removed. Are you just trolling the Little Cayman forums for your own benefit? Don't continue the TA abuse, please.

Edited: 25 September 2017, 08:43
Mentioned in this post
Little Cayman Beach...
633 Reviews
Little Cayman
Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Day Trippin'

I am mentioning the business as I used there services! Every other post here has mentioned a business on Little Cayman.

Mentioned in this post
Little Cayman Beach...
633 Reviews
Little Cayman
Colorado
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, Grand Cayman, Crested Butte, Gunnison
Level Contributor
8,471 posts
189 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Day Trippin'

The OP was asking questions about a Feb. trip. They've been back from their trip from the Cayman Islands for more than 7 months. Every other post here has been in response to the OP's questions about Little Cayman. So who are you responding to with this 'new' information?

Mentioned in this post
Little Cayman Beach...
633 Reviews
Little Cayman
Reply to: Day Trippin'
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Little Cayman