We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stay at SCC or LCBR in Little cayman?

3 posts
Save Topic
Stay at SCC or LCBR in Little cayman?

We are torn! Neither of us are divers but both foodies and adventurous - hoping for relaxing days of sun lounging and leisurely bike riding (yoga a plus), kayaking and swimming a must. Having a hard time figuring out why SCC is so much more expensive than LCBR. Both look websites comparable and up our alley. Which of the 2 do you prefer and why?

18 replies to this topic
Rhode Island
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
6,415 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Stay at SCC or LCBR in Little cayman?

Foodies are best served by staying on Grand Cayman rather than Little Cayman or the Brac.

chicago suburbs
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
4,228 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Stay at SCC or LCBR in Little cayman?

That was going to be my comment too

3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Stay at SCC or LCBR in Little cayman?

We are staying one night in GC - remote beauty trumps foodieness here - I guess I should have just asked which place has better food :)

Trophy Club, Texas
Destination Expert
for Cayman Islands
Level Contributor
7,166 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Stay at SCC or LCBR in Little cayman?

You may want to try asking here for folks who likely have more initimate knowledge on the cuisine at each:

https:/…

3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Stay at SCC or LCBR in Little cayman?

Thanks so much! Will check it out. Other than food though, which is honestly not our biggest priority... any insight on which resort is better than the other for the non-diver in general?

California
Level Contributor
3,003 posts
324 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Stay at SCC or LCBR in Little cayman?

For some reason I do not think either place is what you are looking for. We were two weeks on Cayman Brac last month but husband dives and we both snorkel. It is really not an island to go to for "foodies". Stick to Grand Cayman or find another island. Grand Cayman is not bike friendly. I'm sure you can find yoga there but I also do not think Grand Cayman is what you want either.

Arkansas
Level Contributor
135 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Stay at SCC or LCBR in Little cayman?

First we love SCC, if is our favorite place in the carribean to stay and we have traveled all over the carribean for the last 14 years. Chef Anu does and incredible job as the chef at SCC, but remember all food has to be brought in by barge and only once a week. We think the food he makes with the limited supplies is excellent, his soups are sublime but if you expect Commanders Palace level you will be disappointed also you will not find really odd or unique unusual items. Solid really tasty food. It is basically a very upscale dive resort. Beach is powder soft and wonderful, swimming not so much. Lots of turtle grass on shore area, now Owen island is kayak distance away and very nice, also Point of Sand they will drive you there or you can bicycle there and they will glady pack you a picinic lunch. No organized yoga but they do have outside showers in the bungalows :).We have been there multiple times and "no" is not in their vocabulary. LCBR is a dive resort. SCC is barefoot elegance and incredible diving. Scuba board is all about diving and will recommend lcbr ( I know because I am an active member) but I love SCC but as others say it may not be what you are looking for.

Edited: 01 March 2018, 12:59
Colorado
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, Grand Cayman, Crested Butte, Gunnison
Level Contributor
8,862 posts
194 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Stay at SCC or LCBR in Little cayman?

"For some reason I do not think either place is what you are looking for"

Is this based on your first hand experiences painnurse? Or are you (again/continuing) to provide advice to travelers about places you have never been?

I've spent time on LC and visited both resorts. Staff were incredibly friendly, the locations of both are stunning, but I can't comment on the food since we self-catered during our visit. My take, from having actually been there, is that the SCC offers more privacy, a (slightly) nicer beachfront and water entry, and an overall more upscale feel. You can't go wrong with either, so I would pick LCBR if price is a consideration.

California
Level Contributor
3,003 posts
324 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Stay at SCC or LCBR in Little cayman?

Smushie, if you read my post you would see that we spent two weeks on Cayman Brac last month.

The OP wants to swim, bike, kayak, yoga and eat good food. My response was that I don't think this is the place that they are looking for. It is really mostly for diving/snorkeling in my opinion. We loved the island and rode our bikes 10 miles/day often. We had a beach front condo which made the two weeks even better. From what I read, I think they are looking for a more "upscale hippie vibe" something like Tulum in Mexico which may not have the bikes, but it has fabulous food and wonderful lounging, and the water is great.

California
Level Contributor
3,003 posts
324 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Stay at SCC or LCBR in Little cayman?

Oh and tons of yoga.

For your info, we truly enjoyed Cayman Brac. The OP also needs to look at weather because it could be very hot riding a bike at certain times of the year. Need a car to get to many restaurants. We were there at high season (think it is high season January/Feb) and many restaurants were practically empty.

Reply to: Stay at SCC or LCBR in Little cayman?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Little Cayman