We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

grocery store?

London
Level Contributor
75 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
grocery store?

I have read that there is a grocery store on Little Cayman - do they have fresh fruit and soy milk?

Mentioned in this post
Little Cayman Beach Resort
Little Cayman Beach...
645 Reviews
Little Cayman
Grand Cayman
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
10,728 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: grocery store?

Can't help on the grocery store front -- maybe you can google it. I just want to say that I absolutely positively love your iguana!!!!!

Macomb, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
4,548 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: grocery store?

From the CI phone book under retail grocery stores:

Village Square & Village Inn

Blossom Village Little Cayman

345-948-1069

Facsimile

345-948-0069

Mentioned in this post
Little Cayman Beach...
645 Reviews
Little Cayman
London
Level Contributor
75 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: grocery store?

Thank you! It was a young green iguana sitting on the hot iron roof of a restaurant at Grand Cayman, looking very hot and panting - don't know why it didn't go in the shade!

Mentioned in this post
Grand Cayman
Grand Cayman
Cayman Islands
Grand Cayman
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
10,728 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: grocery store?

It is a great shot and the little guy looks totally comical, despite his discomfort!

chicago suburbs
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
4,201 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: grocery store?

I haven't been to little Cayman, but friends have been there and they cook, so there was definitely a grocery store. I will say, from my experiences on the Brac, that the food is barged in and if the sea is rough supplies don't arrive. Fresh meat and produce are not plentiful.

We managed in the Brac, but had some rough weather for part of the time, and if I remember the fresh milk was totally gone. They did have milk in boxes on the shelves (Parmalak?) and I guess that is what you would use.

You kind of get used to the concept of making do--or finding substitutions for things that you would normally use to cook. There was frozen meat and chicken.

If something is on the shelves when you are at the store, buy it as it may not be there the next time that you go.

Sorry I can't help you out on the soy milk. If no one responds and that is something that you must have, I would call the grocery store on Little Cayman.

Good Luck

Mentioned in this post
Grand Cayman
Grand Cayman
Cayman Islands
Little Cayman Beach...
645 Reviews
Little Cayman
JENSEN BEACH
Level Contributor
11,198 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: grocery store?

We visited Little Cayman last week and met the Owner of the Grocery Store. So, there is indeed currently one there. We had a great meal at Paradise Villas and saw a couple of other restaurants. Not sure I would count on a lot of "fresh" products being avail, maybe bring a rolling cooler along stocked in GC? Seems staples are readily avail and many of the cottage rentals advertise they will provision for you if advance notice is given. We found the selection of fruits, veggies and organic products avail at Kirk's on GC very impressive.

Mentioned in this post
Little Cayman Beach...
645 Reviews
Little Cayman
Paradise Villas
Paradise Villas
226 Reviews
Little Cayman
Annapolis, Maryland
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands
Level Contributor
5,495 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: grocery store?

We were able to find what we needed when we stayed in Little Cayman. The little store even sold wine : ) but it was very expensive. We had many meals and drinks at the Hungry Iguana at Paradise Villas. Given that they get their supplies once a week, they did a remarkable job. They even grilled hamburgers one night when the island lost power.

Mentioned in this post
Little Cayman Beach...
645 Reviews
Little Cayman
Paradise Villas
Paradise Villas
226 Reviews
Little Cayman
texas
Level Contributor
1 post
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: grocery store?

Hello. Do you have an email for the Village Square Grocery? I met them last year and have a question for them. I would prefer not to call international if they have an email address. Thank you.

9. Re: grocery store?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 31 May 2011, 06:35
George Town, Grand...
Level Contributor
1 post
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: grocery store?

Richard lcd@candw.ky

Get answers to your questions about Little Cayman