We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Blossom Village Cottage

London, United...
Level Contributor
173 posts
63 reviews
Save Topic
Blossom Village Cottage

My wife and I are thinking of staying here for 5 nights in January after a week in Grand Cayman. Does any one know it? Can you swim in the sea near here?

We would also be keen to know anything else about the island you can tell us, having never been there before.

We are a couple - both aged 30 - hoping for total peace, quiet and relaxation. We love the beach and are a bit concerned that some earlier comments seem to suggest that the beaches on LC are not the best for swimming / snorkelling.

Any tips will be much appreciated.

Miami
11 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Blossom Village Cottage

Did you hear fro anyone? We too are thinking of going just after you. The agent says it is wonderful!

Do you have information?

London, United...
Level Contributor
173 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Blossom Village Cottage

We are here now. Really lovely.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Miami
11 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Blossom Village Cottage

Thanks that's wonderful! Question....we are vegetarians. What is available in the local shop? Anything fresh? Wholewheat pastas and rice?

London, United...
Level Contributor
173 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Blossom Village Cottage

The house itself is very attractive - quite simple and small but very pretty and right on the beach. Very romantic.

With regards to food, we were advised to shop on Grand Cayman the morning we came to LC by friends who live on GC. We brought a cooler and just checked it in with our luggage at the airport. On advice, we also brought some decent wine with us in a separate bag that we also just checked in. Cayman Airways didn't seem bothered about our allowance!

We brought some meat (which won't worry you as vegetarians), some salad and other fresh vegetables.

Now that we are here, we see that the shop has a fair selection of foods and I'm sure that we would have managed just fine (albeit perhaps not eating quite as well as we are now)! It actually has a surprisingly good range of fresh fruit and vegetables and plenty of rice, pasta etc. (Incidentally, I didn't see any meat or fish so I'm pleased we brought that).

The shop is not big and to plan a meal from there you'd have to be versatile. If there's anything that you couldn't live without, I'd bring it from home or GC. I'm glad that we brought some supplies and would do that again.

The fact is, you're not going to starve and I guess the limited range is all part of the fun of being on such a tiny island. If push comes to shove, there are a number of bars and restaurants - a couple only a short stroll along the beach.

The kitchen at the house is pretty well equipped so I think you'll manage just fine on that front too.

Please let me know if there's anything else you'd like to ask but for now I'm off for a swim in the sea!

Miami
11 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Blossom Village Cottage

Thanks so much....Is there snorkling equipment at the house? Is there good snorkling without going by boat? Otherwise have you found the way around to get a lift out to the coral?

It is so sweet of you to respond.....Isn't tripadvisor wonderful!

London, United...
Level Contributor
173 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Blossom Village Cottage

Tripadvisor is great and has helped us many times to plan a trip. Happy to help.

We are going snorkelling today so we don't know yet but the manager of the house says there's good snorkelling right off the shore both at the house and elsewhere.

There are no masks at the house so I'd pack your own, although you may be able to hire some from one of the dive resorts I suppose.

Miami
11 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Blossom Village Cottage

You are great!....If you find out more about the snorkling equipment and how the snorkling is, let me know!

London, United...
Level Contributor
173 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Blossom Village Cottage

Snorkelling today up at Point o' Sand was lovely.

We haven't snorkelled straight out from the house as yet as there's quite a bit of turtle grass that we would rather avoid. The beach from the house is fine for a dip to cool off and probably for a snorkel - we just haven't braved it yet.

We popped in to Southern Cross Club earlier (just a short stroll up the beach). I'm sure they will rent you masks and snorkels - if you don't have your own.

Miami
11 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Blossom Village Cottage

Thanks. We are in Sri Lanka at the moment on the way around the world finishing in Little Cayman! Hence we are not traveling with snorkle equipment!!!

Any other tips you think of........would be fantastic!

I feel like you are my new BF! getting messages everyday!

10. Re: Blossom Village Cottage

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 July 2011, 12:16
Get answers to your questions about Little Cayman