We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wondering

louisiana
Level Contributor
108 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Wondering

I've been to St. Kitts twice on a cruise, but am going to be visiting and staying for a full week the end of October! We are staying at the Marriott and hoping to rent a jeep. Last time we were there we went to a beach with a small restaurant/bar I believe was called Shipwrecked. When I tried to look it up, it seems like it might be closed. Is this correct? Is it just the bar that's closed or is that beach no longer open to visitors?

Mentioned in this post
St. Kitts
St. Kitts
St. Kitts and Nevis
Marshalls
$$$$, Caribbean, Seafood
SALT Plage
$$ - $$$, Caribbean, Bar, Seafood
3 replies to this topic
Nevis
Destination Expert
for Nevis
Level Contributor
7,580 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wondering

The beach (South Friars Bay) where Shipwreck Bar is located will be the site of the soon to be Ritz Carlton. A couple months ago the land owner cancelled the leases for all the beach bars on that beach in anticipation of the upcoming constructions and the beach bars closed.

You are in luck though, because Shipwreck has been given a temporary reprieve and reopened about a month ago. How long they will remain open is anyone's guess but for now go and enjoy yourself.

Mentioned in this post
South Friars Beach
South Friars Beach
299 Reviews
St. Kitts
louisiana
Level Contributor
108 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wondering

Darn- sometimes I really hate progress! We enjoyed this little beach and restaurant so much. We had asked our driver to take us to a different beach but it was soooo crowded we didn't want to stay. He took us here and it was perfect. There were monkeys everywhere! Thanks for the information and hopefully it will still be possible to visit in October.

Albert Lea...
Level Contributor
525 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wondering

They are still open. Our favorite hangout on St Kitts. If you are into social media they are still on facebook under Shipwreck Beach Bar & Grill.

Edited: 11 June 2018, 05:08
Mentioned in this post
St. Kitts
St. Kitts
St. Kitts and Nevis
Shipwreck Beach Bar and Grill
Shipwreck Beach Bar and...
759 Reviews
St. Kitts
Reply to: Wondering
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about St. Kitts