We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bequia Photo of the Day - 2017

Toronto, Ontario
Level Contributor
1,002 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Bequia Photo of the Day - 2017

Well, despite my better judgement, I am going to do this again. I don't know whether I'll be able to find many new things get pics of, so things may start looking repetitive. Or I might start taking some really weird shots. We'll see. Anyway, it gives me something to do other than drinking beer (not that there's anything wrong with that!).

This is the link to the whole collection (once there is one):

goo.gl/GvmyLC

Day 0: Last leg of our trip down, following the sun from Barbados to Bequia.

goo.gl/9AorSw

Edited: 23 February 2017, 20:55
Mentioned in this post
Barbados
Barbados
Caribbean
Bequia
Bequia
St. Vincent and the Grenadines
JENSEN BEACH
Level Contributor
11,178 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
181. Re: Bequia Photo of the Day - 2017

The reason I like the armchair one is It supports your back so you are "lounging" plus laying flat makes me nervous :-) I like to be able to look around and see what is coming! I sometimes take a book in a zip loc and a frozen bottle of water (has a cup holder).......talk about "away from it all" Floating luxuriously In Lower Bay is hard to beat! WalMart.com has them. When we don't feel like blowing it up I ask Fat Man (our go to Lower Bay taxi man) to take it into the gas station and have it done....well worth the tip!

Mentioned in this post
Ramsey N.j
Level Contributor
568 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
182. Re: Bequia Photo of the Day - 2017

Kathy I would bring little arm floats for the 3 year old. What is his or her name? They have a great little tidal pool between Keegans and DeReef. perfect for a kid. And a little zip lock bag to collect shells.

Sean and Susan

NJ
Level Contributor
113 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
183. Re: Bequia Photo of the Day - 2017

Hello Sean and Susan,

Not sure if you meant the above post for me, but I don't have any kids to bring, unless you mean my husband. But I don't think he'd wear the arm floats. LOL

Anyway, I just ordered the lounge type spring float. I hope it arrives in time, if not I can pick up a lay down type the pool store.

Asked my husband if he wanted one for himself. He said no. Well I sure hope he doesn't think I'm sharing mine? It may be our 25th, but he wants a float he needs to get his own.

KathyH

Ramsey N.j
Level Contributor
568 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
184. Re: Bequia Photo of the Day - 2017

LOL, No it was for SES.

We found an old rope and tied a bunch of conch shells to it and made a sea anchor. We attached it to our feet as we drifted on our spring floats. Just floated around in circles beyond the waves breaking. We had such a relaxing time. We just hid our homemade anchor in brush and would get it out the next day. It was one of the highlights of our trip. So nice falling asleep to the sound of surf and sea birds. Once and awhile we would see a bird dive bombing deep into the water and flying away with a fish in his mouth. We just never got tired of that.

Sean and Susan

P.S we got ours at Wald-greens.

185. Re: Bequia Photo of the Day - 2017

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 May 2018, 13:17
Get answers to your questions about Bequia