We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

SIM Cards in my GSM phone

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
163 posts
36 reviews
SIM Cards in my GSM phone

I have 3 Android phones that are GSM and unlocked. The smartphones in Bequia are very expensive and Im kind of tired of using my little nokia there. Can I bring my unlocked GSM phones, buy SIM cards on Front Street and be off and going? Also, if I do that, what number do I have on my phone? These are phones I am leaving in Bequia so I would like them to have 784 numbers.

Thanks for any advice.

Dave

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
357 posts
15 reviews
1. Re: SIM Cards in my GSM phone

Should be good to go. I believe both Lime/Flow and Digicel are GSM. If you have quad band you should cover all possibilities. You will also get a 784 #.

Bequia
Level Contributor
126 posts
106 reviews
2. Re: SIM Cards in my GSM phone

Get a SIM card from FLOW and you will have a local number. You can save your minutes from month to month either by using the phone or by adding a few minutes quarterly, which you can do very easily and inexpensively online.

3. Re: SIM Cards in my GSM phone

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 July 2018, 12:17
Get answers to your questions about Bequia