We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First Time Trip Report-

hammonton
Level Contributor
111 posts
20 reviews
First Time Trip Report-

My family and I are currently on island for our first visit to TCI. We are really enjoying ourselves and feel we have already done so much. I’d like to give a quick rundown of what we’ve done / seen so far and ask that you chime in with suggestions for our last 2 days here.

Sat - afternoon arrival at our villa in Leeward community .. we love the villa we choose - Beach Daze. We are a short walk to the beautiful and quiet Leeward beach. We hit up the beach and the grocery store on our first day and settled in.

Sunday - coral gardens and snorkeling Bight Reef- fun but a little busy today. Dinner at Bugaloos was a fun experience as they had live music and “James Brown “ ;-)

Monday - sapodilla bay beach - color is mesmerizing but we didn’t love the mushy texture of the sand, so we didn’t stay long. Hopped back over to snorkel again at Bight Reef. Grabbed apps at Somewhere - great views! Back to Leeward for sunset then takeout pizza.

Tuesday - morning spent at Leeward beach and afternoon at Smith Reef - whoaaa! I am a novice snorkeler so I have little to compare to , but I found it amazing ! A little freaked out being that far from shore, but with 7 of us it felt safe. We can’t wait to go back again ! Early dinner at Somewhere- quick snorkel at Bight then ice cream at Giggles. Caught the tail end of an amazing sunset at Sunset beach.

Today - afternoon boat trip with Silly Creek Watersports - can’t wait.

Dinner at Da Conch Shack.

Please give suggestions for how you would spend your last two full days. We do want to pop in at the Fish Fry tomorrow night but have no other concrete plans.

We are loving the beauty and relaxing vibe here !

12 replies to this topic
Troy, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Providenciales, Grace Bay, Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
2,293 posts
28 reviews
1. Re: First Time Trip Report-

It seems you like the casual dining spots the best. Another great one to try is Ricky's Flamingo which is in between Club Med and Ocean Club. You can drive there, eat and drink, rent chairs on a great stretch of Grace Bay. If you have interest in finer dining, I'd recommend Le Bouchon du Village or Caicos Café for a dinner. I love Smith's Reef too. We've spent hours out there.

hammonton
Level Contributor
111 posts
20 reviews
2. Re: First Time Trip Report-

Yes, we do prefer causal dining. Thanks for the suggestions !

Detroit, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Providenciales, Turks and Caicos, Grace Bay, Grand Turk
Level Contributor
12,403 posts
1 review
3. Re: First Time Trip Report-

If you want to pop in at the Fish Fry, arrive early(be one of the 1st ones) about 5:20pm. Why? To avoid lines, scope out the vendor menu's, get the hottest, just prepared food, get one of the very few wooden picnic tables to sit & eat. Dr. Jim

Edited: 06 June 2018, 23:01
Pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
7,462 posts
93 reviews
4. Re: First Time Trip Report-

Sounds like you are having a wonderful time. As Rebecca said, sounds like you like the local/casual dining. We go to the fish fry but only to buy souvenirs as my hubby and son really don't like fried foods. We go early and head to dinner afterwards. If you like the local foods as you stated, then the fish fry would be good to sample all of the foods they have to offer. Ditto what DrJim said!

We usually spend our last few days relaxing by the pool and beach.

Ottawa
Level Contributor
750 posts
88 reviews
5. Re: First Time Trip Report-

Hi --- sounds like your Leeward villa & beach location is wonderful. A tasty casual dining spot is Turks Kebab, you & your family may enjoy it.

state college
Level Contributor
271 posts
27 reviews
6. Re: First Time Trip Report-

I second Ricky's cafe...very casual with the perfect island vibe! Sounds like you are having the perfect Provo experience! Enjoy!!

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
188 posts
1 review
7. Re: First Time Trip Report-

If you go to Ricky's be sure to bring cash to tip with. When I was there last month, I wasn't allowed to add a tip to my credit card. Also, they only take cash for souvenirs, shirts, etc.. My friend and I didn't hav cash on us so the lady manning the "gift shop" told us to hop into her car and she took us to Le Vele so we could get cash. :)

Turtle Cove...
Level Contributor
1,411 posts
2 reviews
8. Re: First Time Trip Report-

Fish fry and brewery tour

Level Contributor
508 posts
61 reviews
9. Re: First Time Trip Report-

Make sure you get over to magnolia for dinner in turtle cove - one of the best on the island

Btw you drive past Opus every day as you leave Leeward, it’s a nice restaurant with a lovely garden worth a visit when they have live music on

Enjoy

Raleigh, NC
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos, Providenciales, Grace Bay
Level Contributor
3,650 posts
307 reviews
10. Re: First Time Trip Report-

Sounds like you had a great time. Hope you and your family plan to return soon to paradise. Thanks for the post.

Reply to: First Time Trip Report-
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted