We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Upcoming Trip

Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Topic
Upcoming Trip

Finally booked Seven Stars for my daughter and I at the end of June. Thanks to all that provided suggestions and comments over the past couple of weeks!

I'll now be creating an itinerary and may have questions along the way. There are already several posts about where to eat, what to bring, and where to venture off to but I had some specific questions as of now.

1. There are two very good breakfast option near SS but is it even worth going to those if the resort breakfast is apparently as good as it seems.

2. Trying to determine if we should rent a car. I guess it depends on how often we'll leave the resort and if the cost of cabs will exceed the rental

3. There's definitely a post I've read through that goes into having to choose one excursion but being that this trip is more kid friendly, any recommendations? Would love to snorkel. My daughter swims like a fish and while I'm comfortable in water, I don't know how to. I have snorkered in Mexico before but struggled in choppy water

4. If you decided to eat outside of SS three times and wanted to stay within a 15 minute walk, where would you go for lunch or dinner?

Mentioned in this post
Mexico
Mexico
North America
Coconut grove restaurant and lounge
$$ - $$$, Caribbean, Bar, Seafood
Cocovan
$$ - $$$, Caribbean, Bar, International
Turks Kebab
$, Mediterranean, Turkish, Greek
7 replies to this topic
Nevis
Destination Expert
for Nevis
Level Contributor
7,452 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Upcoming Trip

1. There are two very good breakfast option near SS but is it even worth going to those if the resort breakfast is apparently as good as it seems.

Breakfast is breakfast - how different can it be somewhere else? Whether going off resort for that meal is “worth it” depends on your definition of “worth”. Do you mean in terms of cost? Time it takes? Whether or not the bacon & eggs are better? Try having breakfast at a different venue only if you are not enjoying the one at your resort or you just want a different venue.

2. Trying to determine if we should rent a car. I guess it depends on how often we'll leave the resort and if the cost of cabs will exceed the rental.

You’ve already answered your own question. Here’s a rule of thumb I use when traveling. Generally one lone trip or two (or more) shorter trips a day in a taxi will cost more than the daily rate for a rental car. Without knowing your particular travel habits we can’t tell you yes or no. Only YOU can decide. A rental car will give you the flexibility to come/go as you please but it comes at a price. Are you willing to pay that price or will you be fretting that the car might sit unused in the parking lot for a day?

3. There's definitely a post I've read through that goes into having to choose one excursion but being that this trip is more kid friendly, any recommendations? Would love to snorkel. My daughter swims like a fish and while I'm comfortable in water, I don't know how to. I have snorkered in Mexico before but struggled in choppy water.

Most snorkel tour operators will have a crew person who can help you get more familiar with and more comfortable in the water. They will also have floatation devices you can wear to make you feel more secure. If the water is a bit choppy for you there’s no requirement that you snorkel - stay on board and think of the trip as a nice boat ride. There will probably be one or two others on the trip that won’t snorkel.

Mentioned in this post
Mexico
Mexico
North America
Level Contributor
510 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Upcoming Trip

I don’t think there is any need to leave SS for breakfast. The offering is plentiful and varied. And the breakfast area at SS is very nice.

There are many places within walking distance. And you should definitely leave the resort. There are several really good restaurants in Regent Village, a short walk from SS. Le Bouchon, Lupo (Italian), Haram Masala (Indian), Thai Orchid, and more.

I don’t think you need a car unless you wavy to explore the island. But if you just want to stay within the Grace Bay hub, you won’t be disappointed.

Mentioned in this post
Lupo Restaurant
Lupo Restaurant
613 Reviews
Providenciales
Grace Bay
Grace Bay
6,170 Reviews
Providenciales
Lancaster, PA
Level Contributor
1,114 posts
829 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Upcoming Trip

The SS breakfast is AMAZING. Do not miss it. They change hot offerings every day.

For dinners....SEVEN is a must do right at the resort. Across the street is Caicos Café and a short taxi ride away is Coco Bistro, or Grace's Cottage, or Hemingways, or Pavilion. All are wonderful.

We might see you there! Enjoy!

Mentioned in this post
Coco Bistro
Coco Bistro
5,441 Reviews
Providenciales
Grace's Cottage
Grace's Cottage
590 Reviews
Providenciales
Hemingway's Restaurant
Hemingway's Restaurant
2,627 Reviews
Providenciales
Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
15,622 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Upcoming Trip

Why not rent the car a couple of days? Use it to go to Da Conch Shack and Bugaloos, both casual places on a beach. Bugaloo's has live music every afternoon, Da Conch shack I think on Wednesdays?

Also explore:

Taylor Bay and Chalk Sound

Leeward/Pelican Beach

Long Bay

Take advantage of dinners elsewhere with car--Coco Bistro, Hemingways, Mango Reef. Taxi will add up to more

Use the car the last day too to return to airport, Grace Bay Car Rentals leave car at airport. You have 24 hours previous you can use it to explore

Island Vibes is so much fun, snorkel then stop at the gorgeous uninhabited Half Moon Bay. Life vests are provided and can be used to snorkel. Also consider the water is salty, meaning you're going to float easer naturually (it's extra boyant)

Mentioned in this post
da Conch Shack
da Conch Shack
3,440 Reviews
Providenciales
Bugaloo's
Bugaloo's
1,989 Reviews
Providenciales
Taylor Bay Beach
Taylor Bay Beach
1,301 Reviews
Providenciales
Chalk Sound
Chalk Sound
1,191 Reviews
Providenciales
Leeward Beach
Leeward Beach
376 Reviews
Providenciales
Long Bay Beach
Long Bay Beach
Providenciales
Coco Bistro
Coco Bistro
5,441 Reviews
Providenciales
Hemingway's Restaurant
Hemingway's Restaurant
2,627 Reviews
Providenciales
Mango Reef
Mango Reef
3,673 Reviews
Providenciales
Grace Bay
Grace Bay
6,170 Reviews
Providenciales
Island Vibes Tours
Island Vibes Tours
1,801 Reviews
Providenciales
Half Moon Bay
Half Moon Bay
169 Reviews
Providenciales
Raleigh, NC
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos, Providenciales
Level Contributor
2,629 posts
298 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Upcoming Trip

I agree with the other posters who said you should eat breakfasts at Seven Stars, especially if the food is good. No need to take on the added expense of eating breakfast out. We eat at our resort and dine out at Provo's restaurants.

For dinner, Le Bouchon, Seven, Coco Bistro, Via Veneto, Grace's Cottage, Lupo, Magnolia's and Bay Bistro should be checked out.

Would definitely rent a car.

Mentioned in this post
Coco Bistro
Coco Bistro
5,441 Reviews
Providenciales
Ristorante Via Veneto
Ristorante Via Veneto
1,014 Reviews
Providenciales
Grace's Cottage
Grace's Cottage
590 Reviews
Providenciales
Lupo Restaurant
Lupo Restaurant
613 Reviews
Providenciales
Bay Bistro
Bay Bistro
2,624 Reviews
Providenciales
Staten Island, New...
Destination Expert
for Providenciales, Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
12,730 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Upcoming Trip

Stayed at Seven Stars roughly 15 times. We used to venture out for breakfast once or twice every trip but these days we don’t bother. The breakfast is really good especially if you are an egg lover.

Caicos Cafe and Le Bouchon should be your top priorities for dinner regardless of where you stay really. Luckily for you they are close to the hotel. Seven is very good.

For lunch go to Hemingways and Flamingo’s

Whether you should rent a car depends on what you plan to do. If you want tot explore the island during some days, then yes absolutely.

Mentioned in this post
Caicos Cafe Bar & Grill
Caicos Cafe Bar & Grill
1,516 Reviews
Providenciales
Hemingway's Restaurant
Hemingway's Restaurant
2,627 Reviews
Providenciales
Raleigh, NC
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos, Providenciales
Level Contributor
2,629 posts
298 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Upcoming Trip

For breakfast, Caicos Bakery is just across the street and to the left from Seven Stars. The previous owners of Caicos Cafe opened Caicos Bakery and then sold it to their employees. After that, they sold Caicos Cafe to the current owners, and then opened Le Bouchon.

After opening Le Bouchon, they opened Le Comptoir Francais (known by many as Julien's Deli) across the street from Le Bouchon. Tomorrow is the grand opening of their newest restaurant, El Cantador Tapas and Wine Bar, located on the same side of the street as Juilien's Deli. A wonderful food triangle if you will.

Mentioned in this post
Caicos Bakery
Caicos Bakery
1,151 Reviews
Providenciales
Seven Stars Resort & Spa
Seven Stars Resort & Spa
2,678 Reviews
Providenciales
Caicos Cafe Bar & Grill
Caicos Cafe Bar & Grill
1,516 Reviews