We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recommendations for End of July

8 posts
Save Topic
Recommendations for End of July

Good afternoon!

I’m a female solo traveler who is looking to visit beautiful Turks and Caicos for five days during the last week of July 2018. My divorce was finalized yesterday so I figure I deserve a little vacation during my birthday and now expired wedding anniversary! I’ve read some past forum posts, help info, some hotels, and activities. I have to admit I’m a little overwhelmed in trying to narrow down best area to stay and a hotel, so reaching out to this great community for help.

As I’m traveling alone I’m looking for a place that’s safe, quiet, meet other travelers, on the beach, less windy (I know there’s tradewinds and this isn’t Aruba but yeah), some beach activities (paddle board, kayak, etc), and a hotel with little to no construction noise. I’ll be booking some boat tours to go snorkeling at Smiths or Bight reefs and they seem to leave from various points of Providenciales. I’m fine with renting a car if needed. Hotel budget is <$1500 for five days/four nights though I’m a little flexible. Looks like hotels are starting to fill up so looking to book this week.

Thank you in advance!

Mentioned in this post
Aruba
Aruba
Caribbean
Providenciales
Providenciales
Turks and Caicos
9 replies to this topic
Toronto, Canada
2 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Recommendations for End of July

I am also planning a trip to the T&C solo during the end of July.

I have heard good things about Club Med however Im curious to see what others with more experience have to say regarding this post.

Have you narrowed it down to any resorts from your reserch?

Raleigh, NC
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos, Providenciales
Level Contributor
2,637 posts
298 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Recommendations for End of July

Ocean Club West, Seven Stars, Somerset, The Sands and Royal West Indies are properties you should look at.

Any resort located near Regent Villages / Salt Mills Plaza, will get you access to a large list of restaurants.

You may also want to contact Val at Turks and Caicos Reservations. Val and his team can find the perfect place to meet your budget and wish list.

Toll Free: 1-877-774-5486

Local: 1-649-432-1708

Email: book@turksandcaicosreservations.tc

Mentioned in this post
Ocean Club West
Ocean Club West
923 Reviews
Providenciales
Seven Stars Resort & Spa
Seven Stars Resort & Spa
2,683 Reviews
Providenciales
The Sands at Grace Bay
The Sands at Grace Bay
2,006 Reviews
Providenciales
Royal West Indies Resort
Royal West Indies Resort
2,075 Reviews
Providenciales
Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
15,637 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Recommendations for End of July

Club Med-even if a tiny bit more, it's AI, and includes everything including activities. Best chance to meet other vacationers too

NH
Level Contributor
3,677 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Recommendations for End of July

Club Med is running a sale (US) and there is NO single supplement up charge. That makes the price especially good. Call the Club Med reservations number for the details. Sale ends in 5 days. ~~~allfins ><>

Whitby, Canada
Level Contributor
38 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Recommendations for End of July

My only experience was at a Seven Stars which we loved. Had free continental breakfast. Was right across the street from a grocery store so easy to stock up on a few essentials including alcohol. It was also easy walking distance to several restaurants and a shopping plaza. Staff, beach, pool, restaurant were all top notch.

Washington
Level Contributor
209 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Recommendations for End of July

I’m another solo traveler who will be in T&C—though, I’ll be there from August 2-7. I’m staying at SS, which has proximity to lots of great places.

Lancaster, PA
Level Contributor
1,117 posts
835 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Recommendations for End of July

A studio junior suite at any of the larger resorts should be your best option. Good luck & Enjoy!

state college
Level Contributor
207 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Recommendations for End of July

The Sands runs specials in the fall but you may get lucky for your dates. They also have free use of all their beach toys like SUPs, Hobiecat...kayaks. You can also use their bicycles to ride the short distance into town. We really felt safe and just booked our 4th stay for October!

Enjoy your "me" time...I hope you'll write a trip report when you return. You are in for a real treat...the most beautiful beaches I've ever seen and the nicest ppl.

Mentioned in this post
The Sands at Grace Bay
The Sands at Grace Bay
2,006 Reviews
Providenciales
Level Contributor
1 post
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Recommendations for End of July

We just returned from West Bay Club at TCI. It’s a great property with excellent service, and many of the available activities you mentioned (e.g., homie cat, paddle board, snorkeling) included in the price at no charge. I’m not sure it’s an ideal location for singles, however. To be clear, it’s VERY safe and chill there, and at the Gansevoort next door. But nearly everyone we saw there were couples or families. If you’re traveling alone, I’m afraid you’ll be kind of lonely at that end of the bay. I agree that if you’re closer to the salt mills mall or that area, you’ll be more likely to find several restaurants and activities within walking distance, and you’ll be less likely to find yourself sitting alone in your room in the evenings. TCI in general is a little sleepier than other Caribbean islands, which we preferred. Still, that end of the bay is very sleepy when the sun goes down.

Mentioned in this post
West Bay Club
West Bay Club
1,104 Reviews
Providenciales
Caribbean
Caribbean
North America
Reply to: Recommendations for End of July
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted