We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flying to Provo

Which Providenciales hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Mission, Canada
Level Contributor
52 posts
Save Topic
Flying to Provo

With a bit of searching I am finding some long flights to TCI. Most from the west coast are in the area of 20 hrs. give or take a little. Prices all over the board.

We live near Vancouver but would be happy to fly from Seattle or Bellingham or anywhere else in a reasonable drive.

So, I am asking people from the American North West, or BC's Lower Mainland or anyone who knows, about flights.

Who did you fly with?

How long was your flight?

How much was your flight?

Did you use a travel agent or on line searches?

Thanks

Danville, California
Level Contributor
77 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flying to Provo

We fly from San Francisco (part of BC's lower mainland) and have flown United and American. This May we're flying United from SFO - Newark, NJ - Provo. 12 to 12.5 hours each way with layover. I'm guessing the flights you're finding either have 2 stops or long layovers or both. Maybe the dates you're searching on are popular and many flights are already sold out? Or are you trying to use frequent flyer miles? That usually means you end up with multiple stops and long layovers (in my experience).

Newtown, PA
Level Contributor
3,223 posts
353 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flying to Provo

Welcome to the forum concreteland. I suggest checking this link for the best fares. We are heading to British Columbia this summer and are looking forward to exploring the San Juan Islands, Vancouver Island, Vancouver, and Whistler.

http://matrix.itasoftware.com/search.htm

Halifax, Canada
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
4,480 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flying to Provo

Our daughter and SIL live in Calgary. When they have met us in TCI they have flown on WestJet to Toronto on the midnight flight. The connection in TO leaves around 10 am with a 2 PM arrival in TCI.

Airfare from Calgary was in the $850.00/ $900.00 range.

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
13,493 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Flying to Provo

I use matrix.itasoftware.com, continue to matrix

Can't buy tickets there, but shows all airlines, connections, and ranked by price, lowest to highest. In 1 site you get a wealth of info.

All airlines have to connect from:

Toronto

New York

Newark

Miami

Charlotte

Boston

You can break it up too through Nassau, but from Nassau only certain days of tue week

In season add Philedelphia and Dallas

Newport Beach...
Level Contributor
2,570 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Flying to Provo

We fly out of LAX as we live in So Cal. We fly direct to Miami then have about a 1.5 hour layover then onto Provo which takes about 1 hour and 20 minutes, not too bad really. We usually pay around $600.00 round trip. I guess one option would be to fly from Seattle to LAX, spend the night, then fly out the next morning.

Hope this helps! Good luck with your plans! :-)

Mission, Canada
Level Contributor
52 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Flying to Provo

Thanks everyone. Some good info here and it will all help a lot.

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
8,643 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Flying to Provo

All I say is that you will eventually get there. Just wish there were some direct flights West of Atlanta, GA like Chicago, Dallas, L.A?. DR. JIM

Level Contributor
2,040 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Flying to Provo

From Ohio we fly out of Huntington, WVa. to Charlotte, N.C. ,and from there to Providenciales. Not a bad flight at all.

Edited: 30 March 2014, 04:31
Folsom, California
Level Contributor
236 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Flying to Provo

We fly out of either SFO or Sacamento and will be doing the overnight flight on Delta with a connection in ATL for our upcoming trip out of SMF.

Leave at about 11PM Pacific Time... Get to Provo at 2PM Island Time the next day. That makes it about 12 hours total travel time.

Got prices for this May around $600 each ticket RT.

New York City
Level Contributor
183 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Flying to Provo

Agreed dr Jim. Why doesn't united fly direct from Chicago? What a great Midwestern route that would open.

Get answers to your questions about Providenciales