We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sapphire Beach Resort - Unit E309

California
2 posts
Save Topic
Sapphire Beach Resort - Unit E309

Has anyone stayed in this unit? We are going there later this year.

Greenville, South...
Level Contributor
29 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sapphire Beach Resort - Unit E309

We haven't stayed in this particular unit. You will love the view from there as you are looking straight across to St. John and BVI. There is a small beach right in front of that building, kind of rocky but ok. The marina is right next to this building also, so convenient if you decide to take a day sail or motor over to BVI. We always stay in "d" building which has the same type of view and love it. Also you are only a short walk to the pool. Enjoy!

az
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Sapphire Beach Resort - Unit E309

Resort has gone downhill and is need of entire overhall. INVESTIGATE before you go.

Memphis
Level Contributor
139 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sapphire Beach Resort - Unit E309

what makes you say this? Planning a trip to SH end of the month.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
3,149 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sapphire Beach Resort - Unit E309

Miscaz, one post on this forum and it's bad and about Sapphire.

How about backing yourself up on this.

Sapphire Beach is a beautiful beach, kept very clean and extremely convenient to Red Hook, restaurants, the ferry, etc.

Many people have upgraded their units extensively.

I am not an owner, but have stayed 3 times and we were very happy with all 3 units that we've stayed in.

There are some units that have not been upgraded, so that's why people should do their homework first.

Maybe you stayed there, in a bad unit and just went without checking out where you were staying.

St Thomas
Destination Expert
for St. Thomas
Level Contributor
15,108 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sapphire Beach Resort - Unit E309

I don't know how long ago the poster with the negative comments was here but Sapphire has undergone substantial renovations in the last two years. It's in a beautiful spot on one of the best beaches on St Thomas and the units are well equipped and maintained, as are the grounds. The main beach bar and restaurant have been closed for a few years now but there's a restaurant at the top of the hill and a very nice little BBQ and sandwich/bar operation right on the beach which seems to keep everyone content. Cheers and have fun!

home
Level Contributor
278 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sapphire Beach Resort - Unit E309

As the previous posters have stated, Sapphire is Beautiful. I would ignore the totally bad rap crap and enjoy this piece of paradise.

ramer tn
Level Contributor
22 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sapphire Beach Resort - Unit E309

we just returned from our first trip to St. Thomas and we stayed at Sapphire in the B complex which we loved. Complex A, B, and C are located on the better part of the beach (we thought) because it was only a few steps from any of these rooms to the area where we entered the beach. I think D and e had very pretty views (ocean front) but they were located on a section on the beach that was rocky and the water was not as calm. These units are also closest to the marina. we didn't see anyone in the water on this side of the beach. we visited several beached on st. thomas and st. john and sappire beach was at the very top of our list. the beach was beautiful, the snorkeling was excellent, and there was always security walking on the beach. some of the units have been renovated and others have not. we rented through an individual owner and had an excellent experience. our room had not been renovated lately but it was on the ground floor just steps to where we spent most of our day. it was clean and very convenient. we had fresh towels every day. we will definately stay here again!

Fort Myers, Florida
Level Contributor
1,170 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sapphire Beach Resort - Unit E309

I have no idea what the inside of the units look like, but we were just there in April (2x in fact) using the beach for the day. Here are my observations:

Beach is gorgeous and clean, no questions there at all. Snorkeling is great. As far as beach and water, one of the best we have been to on STT

Little beach store very friendly.

However - The outer buildings, outside on the condo's for sure needs TLC. We saw lattice work all over a building by the pool that is broken, missing, etc.

Bathrooms up by the main area are horrible. They need a major overall.

Section b/t the little beach store and where the bathrooms are is very rundown. Then what used to be a restaurant (I think) in front of the bathrooms is also very run down.

Looks like there used to be a minimart of some type there, but it was closed both days we were there.

Condo fronts/deck areas just look extremely aged, not eye appealing at all. Inside might be gorgeous, but outside, nothing that makes you go - oh how nice!

You can see it used to be a nice resort. But other than the beach area, there is absolutely nothing there that would make me want to spend a week there. We had considered it when we planned our week to STT, but after reading a ton of comments about it, decided against it. After spending a couple days on the beach, I was glad we made the decision we did.

Just our opinion and the opinion of the other 2 couples we traveled with. Others might have totally different opinions.

St. Thomas
Level Contributor
4,286 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sapphire Beach Resort - Unit E309

I read this thread and then many of the reviews that are posted and available on the left column of this forum - It seems to be totally a matter of who owns the unit you stay in and what arrangements that unit has with the resort management for services.

The beach is beautiful - the Marina is well kept - there seems to be a thousand variations from great to terrible from unit to unit depending on ownership and management.

So has anyone stayed at E309??

St Thomas
Destination Expert
for St. Thomas
Level Contributor
15,108 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Sapphire Beach Resort - Unit E309

Re karena1's estimation of the place as a whole I can only say that the perspective of a visitor who spends a couple of hours on the beach might be rather different than someone who looks at the whole complex. The fronts of the buildings which are right on the beach are less dilapidated than simply weatherworn. The heat and the salt take their toll very quickly.

As was noted previously, the beach bars and restaurant (and the mini-market) have been closed for a couple of years which is why they are boarded up.

As far as E309 is concerned I don't know whether or not I've been in that particular unit but I've been in a couple of the units in that building visiting friends and both were very nice. The marina overlook is lovely, it's very quiet and there's always been a nice breeze.

I've no stake whatsoever in Sapphire but know several of the owners and they take tremendous pride in keeping up their units. Cheers!