We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gallows Point Harbor View

3 posts
Gallows Point Harbor View

Any opinions on which unit to stay in if booking harbor view at gallows point. I know that it's generally the louder side.

6 replies to this topic
Parker, Colorado
Level Contributor
356 posts
10 reviews
1. Re: Gallows Point Harbor View

For Harbor View units, the only one I wouldn't stay in is the lower unit on the very end of the Harbor View side. I can't remember what number it was, but it's view was obstructed by trees/shrubs (although those may be gone after the hurricanes) and it abutts a grave yard. I would sell my first born child to stay in any other units in Gallows. We just love it there!!

NJ
Level Contributor
53 posts
41 reviews
2. Re: Gallows Point Harbor View

Andy:

Bldg #10 faces slightly more to the north, so it's less exposed to the CB nightlife noise ... which IMO isn't as bad as it used to be.

All of the Harborside units get the "wake-up call" of the ferry's diesels as it departs CB to Red Hook. Something I actually enjoy hearing.

3 posts
3. Re: Gallows Point Harbor View

Thanks! Wife already booked harbor view and not sure of the building. I'll be calling in the morning, sounds like building 14 is the 1 you're mentioning.

3 posts
4. Re: Gallows Point Harbor View

Nightlife and morning activity in the harbor? No problem there as far as I'm concerned. Thanks!

Edited: 11 April 2018, 09:02
Kearny, New Jersey
Level Contributor
165 posts
5 reviews
5. Re: Gallows Point Harbor View

We stayed in 15 which is end-unit, was able to peak both the entrance of harbor and ocean views. 14 is next to us, peacocks hanging out there many times while we were there.

McKinney, Texas
Level Contributor
411 posts
67 reviews
6. Re: Gallows Point Harbor View

We stayed in the lower unit of building #13 and thought it was wonderful; tastefully decorated and the location was fine, we didn't have any noise issues and the view was nice. The other half of our party stayed in the bottom level of building #12 and they thought that one, while a bit dated, was great as well. Have a wonderful trip!

Reply to: Gallows Point Harbor View
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted