We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cool Breeze Car Rental

Detroit, Michigan
1 post
Save Topic
Cool Breeze Car Rental

I called Cool Breeze Car Rental and made a reservation. I will be arriving after hours so they said they would leave the keys under the mat in the car with our name on the dash. They didn't even ask for a credit card or deposit. Just worried that we will show up and there will be no car for us and they won't even be open for us to deal with it. Should I be concerned or is this common on St. John?

Mentioned in this post
St. John
St. John
U.S. Virgin Islands
1. Re: Cool Breeze Car Rental

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 19 March 2014, 23:05
California
Level Contributor
7,365 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cool Breeze Car Rental

As surprising as it may be, that's normal for Cool Breeze and STJ rental companies. Also, you may find that your car has what ever gas the last renters left it with, not a full tank like you may be use to on the mainland. If your driving far that first night make sure they know you need gas. Almost no way of getting gas late at night on STJ.

Edited: 18 December 2013, 01:12
Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
348 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cool Breeze Car Rental

I'm a little concerned about this myself. I reserved with SJ Car Rental and haven't heard boo peep from them since they took the $$ from my cc for the deposit. I am going to try and call them next week. I did try and email but it kept getting bounced back. Fingers crossed!

CT
Destination Expert
for St. John
Level Contributor
6,070 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cool Breeze Car Rental

Most car rental companies on STJ still use handwritten contracts. Very few of them have computers and those that have email addresses are normally at the owner's house and not in the office.

Pick up the phone and call. That really is the only way to do car rental business on the island.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
348 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cool Breeze Car Rental

I just did and they were very nice and responsive. They confirmed my rental and my dates. Yay!!!! I am so excited!

Brighton, Michigan
Level Contributor
307 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cool Breeze Car Rental

We did not have a good experience with Cool Breeze the last two times we rented through them. One time they gave us a vehicle that looked like it was used in a crash test. June 2013 we rented through them, gave a one day deposit well in advance, and when the day of rental came they did not have a jeep or any vehicle for us. They said they would refund the deposit, but when we got back to the states they had still charged my credit card. I had to contact the cc company to remove it. We went with Varlack without having a reservation and they had a jeep ready and waiting for us. We will use them next visit.

Centereach, New York
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cool Breeze Car Rental

I had a very good experience with Cool Breeze Jeep Rental. They quickly took my reservation over the phone, sent me an email confirmation a couple days later. Quite the opposite nightmare experience from my attempt to rent from St. John Car Rental. When I arrived, the jeep was there waiting for us and the gentlemen who were working there were very helpful in directing me to the B&B I needed to get to. The jeep worked great. It was a fairly new no frills jeep, which I was grateful for. Hand crank windows and no electric door locks. No electronic junk to fail and no special keys needed. Yes, there was A/C but I didn't need it with the windows rolled down. Returning was a cool breeze, as well. No hassles with friendly service.

Mentioned in this post
St. John
St. John
U.S. Virgin Islands
Boston
Level Contributor
29 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cool Breeze Car Rental

Just returned and rented a vehicle at Cool Breeze on short notice. I did take out the extra insurance for an extra $10 for peace of mind. Very professional. Walked around the vehicle, noted any damage, scrapes, etc. Just be sure to return the vehicle with minimal sand. There's a BIG upcharge for too much sand in the vehicle. And, this is not the only car rental agency on the island that has this policy.

9. Re: Cool Breeze Car Rental

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 May 2015, 12:17
Get answers to your questions about Cruz Bay