We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Atlantis Hidden Gems

New Hartford, New...
2 posts
Save Topic
Atlantis Hidden Gems

Hello!! I will be traveling to the Bahamas with my family at the end of June to stay at The Beach at Atlantis Resort - & we are all very excited!! I've been researching a lot about Atlantis, & want to make the most out of my trip. The website highlights all of Atlantis's big attractions very well, but I was wondering if there were any sort of "hidden gems" at the resort that are worth checking out. This could be anything from lesser known/advertised rides, eateries, activities, people, etc. For example, I heard that there is a cafe where you can find kittens running around/playing - is this true??? I want to make sure to see all of the little unique things that makes Atlantis different from everywhere else... thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Bahamas
Bahamas
Caribbean
The Beach at Atlantis, Autograph Collection
The Beach at Atlantis...
4,068 Reviews
New Providence Island
3 replies to this topic
Level Contributor
948 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Atlantis Hidden Gems

There is not a cafe with kittens running around, you will see stray cats roaming the whole property

I would suggest walking down to cove beach

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
164 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Atlantis Hidden Gems

Shark Bites restaurant by the Mayan Pool had kittens running around a couple years ago. There was usually one or two cats that hung out around there the last several times, but we didn’t see them last year.

I can’t think of any hidden gems on property off the top of my head, but there is Dunkin’ Donuts not far off property and Anthony’s is in the same building. Anthony’s has happy hour 4-6 with 2 for 1 drinks and $7 happy hour appetizers.

Mentioned in this post
Anthony's Grill
Anthony's Grill
1,420 Reviews
New Providence Island
Wooster, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Paradise Island
Level Contributor
2,113 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Atlantis Hidden Gems

No cat cafe, but yes, occasionally, you'll see a stray cat. I second Anthony's for good food and the Dunkin Donuts has free wifi with a purchase. Here are a few more off resort gems. Just a 3 minute walk from Margarittaville, (which is at the foot of the bridge) is The Green Parrot. Great burgers and the best sunset on the island. Walk along the harbor towards the golf course and you will reach the remains of The Cloister. It's beautiful. Across the street is a manicured lawn and gardens with statuary. This grassy area is open to the public, but you will have to turn around and return to the sidewalk when you see the signs for The One and Only. No trespassing there if you are not staying with them. Under the bridge on the right hand side is Potter's Cay. You will have to cross the bridge and enter from New Providence Island. If you want the best conch fritters and conch salad on the island, head here and eat with the locals. We for lunch or an early dinner. WARNING There are no bathroom facilities. Getting back to Atlantis, take the time to walk around the marina and check out how the other half lives. Stop at the yellow, 2 story building. There's a gate that is almost always open. Have lunch pool side at this tiny resort. Ask for a Tony burger. The fine dining restaurant, The Blue Lagoon, open weekends only, is very old school. It hasn't been updated at harkens back to a Paradise Island before all the glitz of Atlantis. The food is wonderful and the wait staff is amazing.

Mentioned in this post
Anthony's Grill
Anthony's Grill
1,420 Reviews
New Providence Island
Paradise Island
Paradise Island
New Providence Island
Reply to: Atlantis Hidden Gems
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted