We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking Good at Atlantis!

Wichita
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Topic
Looking Good at Atlantis!

We are leaving in 2 weeks!!! Time to do some serious shopping!!! I know I need to buy flip flops, a collapsible cooler, cereal, and sunscreen. My main concern now is "looking good"! I have read that we definately need to wear a swimsuit cover to walk through the towers. (Staying at Harborside)I have swimsuit covers I wear at the lake. But I'm afraid they may not be up to par. My current choices are as follows:

1) Board shorts and zip up short sleeve hoodie

2) cut offs & tank top

3) terry cloth hoodie swimsuit robe

None of these are in any way "flattering". I looked at several different stores today & didn't see anything I liked. What is the standard swimsuit cover up for a woman? I'm assuming the boys can just throw on a t-shirt & go. (Must be nice!) I don't want to look like a scum, but I don't want to spend a fortune on something I will never wear again either.

Am I totally overthinking this vacation??? :)

here and there
Destination Expert
for Bahamas, New Providence Island, Paradise Island
Level Contributor
8,483 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking Good at Atlantis!

Target has quite a few options. In every size..

Cheap and flattering.

I picked up a little sleeveless dress with deep v neck for under $20.

Old Navy has some also.

Mass
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking Good at Atlantis!

I bought a few at Target and love them! The dress type with a draw string - V neck. Try them on and you'll be surprised at how cute they are - I got 4 as they were under $20 each!

Wichita
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking Good at Atlantis!

Thanks Ladies! (I assume you're both ladies. LOL) Wouldn't you know it, I went to Wal-mart, K-mart, CATO, Fashion Bug, Kohls, & Gordmans. Never drove by a Target yesterday or I would have stopped there too. At least I won't have to wander around aimlessly anymore.

It sounds like Target is the place to be! Thanks!

MA
Level Contributor
412 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking Good at Atlantis!

KostKash4Fun,

2 Other tips:

- the overstocks section of www.landsend.com. If you happen to be the right size, there are some great deals! I have a coupon code for free shipping if you need it.

- if you have any off-price retailer like TJ Maxx, Marshalls, Ross, check out swim as well as dress sections. They often have a good selection. I just picked up a little black knit dress for under $20 at TJ Maxx.

Wichita
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Looking Good at Atlantis!

Thanks for the extra options! I stopped by Target & Old Navy today. No luck!! I tried on several, but wasn't happy with how I looked in any of them. This is pretty common! I only buy about 1 out of every 25 items I try on in any store. I have never bought any clothes online, because my shipping (returns) bill would be astronomical!!!

But I will definately make a trip to TJ Maxx and some others tomorrow. Maybe I should just stick to the board shorts & short sleeve hoodie! At least it's comfortable!

6. Re: Looking Good at Atlantis!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 October 2009, 00:22