We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Riu Paradise for girls weekend getaway?

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
3,470 posts
104 reviews
Save Topic
Riu Paradise for girls weekend getaway?

I have been to Riu a few years ago with my young children for the first half of the week then off to Cable beach and stayed at the Whyndham for the remainder.. I have also stayed at the old Sheraton (radisson) and the most recent trip to Bahammas was a stay at Comfort suites using access to Atlantis.By far I preferred being on Paradise Island.

A few girlfriends are planning a weekend getaway. One suggested Vegas the other New york City and 2 of us Bahammas. I see alot of deals on Breezes but its on cable beach which was a ghost town.

Would Riu be a good option for girls getaway? being that it is all inclusive?

Not sure if ladies getting away we would need all the pool amenities at Atlantis that we loved on our family trip with young children.

Riu booking online seems about $200 per person per night plus $500 in airfare.so approx $1100 for 3 nights

Mentioned in this post
Cable Beach
Cable Beach
1,980 Reviews
New Providence Island
Paradise Island
Paradise Island
New Providence Island
Orillia, Ontario
Level Contributor
2,647 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Riu Paradise for girls weekend getaway?

Check out pricing through TripCentral - I do see dates in June are around $1100, however Breezes is substantially less expensive. Jut a thought, though I do have to confess to being a Breezes addict.

scraigobrien
Level Contributor
84 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Riu Paradise for girls weekend getaway?

Palmtree,

I have been to the Riu twice, and am also going next week with my husband, and two 20 year old nieces.

I would totally go for a girls weekend. Like other posters have mentioned - it is not a 5 star resort. The rooms are a bit tired, but the drinks are included and it has an amazing beach. If I were going with my girl friends we would hang on the beach drinking slushy drinks and enjoy the sun so who cares that the rooms are tired. The price is pretty good. We usually go to the nightclub at Atlantis on the Saturday night. Lot's of fancy shops to look in at Atlantis, and the slots are fun too.

We got our trip through Flight Centre.

HTH

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
3,470 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Riu Paradise for girls weekend getaway?

Some of my girfriends for a 3 day holiday wanted to get a rate under $1000.

Anyone done the bahammas cruise? This is $805 out of florida picking up the cruise . 2 days at sea and one day parked in nassau.

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
3,470 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Riu Paradise for girls weekend getaway?

Trip Central is showing $1300 for 3 nights in May..

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
3,470 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Riu Paradise for girls weekend getaway?

For the price looks like Breezes is the best value for a thurs-sunday getaway. $689...

I dont really like cable beach as its a ghost town staying at whyndham and raddisson now Sheraton we had kids and there was no night shows everyone went to be by 9pm..

Breezes sounds like there would be a bit more lively action for two ladies. We could still always take the bus to downtown for a day trip.

6. Re: Riu Paradise for girls weekend getaway?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 October 2009, 05:19