We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grocery Store Near Atlantis?

Las Vegas
Level Contributor
26 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Grocery Store Near Atlantis?

This will be my second visit to Atlantis and food/booze budget was ridiculous first time around.

Any grocery stores within walking distance of Atlantis?

Thanks.

Edited: 14 January 2011, 07:07
nassau
Level Contributor
3,222 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Grocery Store Near Atlantis?

None within easy walking distance. Nearest grocery store would be City Market in the Harbour Bay Shopping Centre on East Bay Street on the main island. Taxi would get you there in about 10 minutes. Many have commented on this forum about stopping on the way from the airport at a grocery store.

Nassau, New...
Level Contributor
4,440 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Grocery Store Near Atlantis?

Depending on which Atlantis property you are staying in, there may be a shuttle service to the City Market store in Harbour Bay. It is a nominal amount, and far less than what you would pay for a taxi. And you would need to arrange to have them come back for you or wait, as there is no taxi rank nearby.

You could also ask your taxi driver to stop at a grocery store on your way from the airport. Places like Robin Hood or Super value have better choices than City Market in most cases.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
136 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Grocery Store Near Atlantis?

There is a small grocery store in the strip mall by Anthony's Grill across the street from the Atlantis Marina. Saves you the taxi fare into Nassau for groceries unless you are planning to make a stop there on your ride from the Airport.

Chicago
Level Contributor
501 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Grocery Store Near Atlantis?

Chet, I thought the grocery across from the marina at Hurricane Hole was gone...demolished with the rest of Hurricane Hole. Is this a different grocery you mention? In the past we've stopped at the City Market on the way to Harborside, and then run to the little grocery mid week. I thought this wasn't an option any more.

Boston...
12 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Grocery Store Near Atlantis?

Can anyone confirm it is gone? we are going Feb vacation and had planned to pic up a few things there.

here and there
Destination Expert
for Bahamas, New Providence Island, Paradise Island
Level Contributor
8,465 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Grocery Store Near Atlantis?

The market in the Hurricane Hole Plaza was demolished several years ago by Atlantis mgmt and is now a parking lot.

There is a small grocery store (more like a stocked deli), in the strip mall across from the marina village.

For more variety and better pricing, City Market or Super Value in Nassau would be a better choice. You can ask you cabbie to stop on your way from the airport. Will cost you an extra few bucks for the stop, but it make it easier and less costly than shopping on PI or getting a cab later in the week.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
136 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Grocery Store Near Atlantis?

Not the one by Hurricane Hole, this one is by Anthony's across the street from the Atlantis Marina shops. there is a liquor store, grocery store, a subway I think or some sandwich shop there and some other souvenir shops there also.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
136 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Grocery Store Near Atlantis?

Paradise Village Shopping Center is the name of it.

Boston...
12 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Grocery Store Near Atlantis?

Thank you!

New Jersey
Level Contributor
136 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Grocery Store Near Atlantis?

YW- Lois

I will be there in Feb also,. Hubby and I will be at CS 10th thru 16th.

Been watching the weather forecast, sure hope the temp rises above 70.

Can't wait to escape the snow on the East Coast..

Have a great trip. Maybe we'll run into each other there..