We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dolphin Swim in Freeport

Milwaukee, WI
Level Contributor
7 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Dolphin Swim in Freeport

Our family will be in Freeport for 1-day stop on cruise. My 26-yr old daughter wants to do the dolphin swim. She has some balance and vision issues due to cancer right now. I am looking for advice about the best way to go (since most sites recommend NOT going through the cruise line to get better price), and if the staff can accommodate special needs.

Northeast, MA
Level Contributor
843 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Dolphin Swim in Freeport

I cannot answer your question specifically, but go to www.unexso.com. They have an email contact with comments. You can ask them directly. If they do not answer promptly there is a phone number also listed. You can also see the three different programs they offer and prices.

Good luck.

Danny

Level Contributor
5,143 posts
672 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dolphin Swim in Freeport

There is only one dolphin swim operator in Freeport, and that is UNEXSO. If they are offering the swim through your cruise line, they will not let you book directly with them - they will direct you back to your cruise line to book.

Milwaukee, WI
Level Contributor
7 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dolphin Swim in Freeport

Thanks to both who replied. I had to call Unexso because they never replied to my email. Yes, they will not let me book directly since we are coming in on a cruise. We did book the Dolphin Swim with the cruise line, even though the Unesxo receptionist told me point blank that the trainers are not there to help the guests, but only to guide the dolphins. I'm hoping this will go well.

Visakhapatnam
Level Contributor
2 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dolphin Swim in Freeport

Don't go through the cruise line. Once your in town, you'll inevitably end up at Port Lucaya Marketplace from where the trip to the Dolphin Experience begins anyways. The UNEXSO complex is right over there past the bandstand area and the marina docks. You'll get a much better deal if you book directly.

The staff are all professionals and will give you a honest recommendation with regards to your daughter.

Have fun in FPO!

Milwaukee, WI
Level Contributor
7 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dolphin Swim in Freeport

Thought I'd report how the dolphin swim went: AMAZING. Our daughter did not need any assistance with the dolphins, and the bus driver and boat operator were very helpful with the wheelchair. I was also glad that we did not have to put on wet suits, and that there were life jackets available if you so chose. Unfortunately, we did pay the big bucks through the cruise line, but it was worth it for the peace of mind.

Edited: 24 August 2010, 04:18
6. Re: Dolphin Swim in Freeport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 February 2011, 13:16