We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best part of grand bahama

OCEAN ISLE BEACH
Level Contributor
200 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
best part of grand bahama

going to the "bahamas for the first time... where is the best place to stay?? freeport or nassau? i have heard that freeport isn't too nice but everything i have read looks good to me... thinkng of staying in owner condo rentals but want a direst view of ocean not a side view. any suggestions??? is it crazy spring break in march 8-15?

Level Contributor
5,143 posts
671 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: best part of grand bahama

People on the Freeport forum will usually like Freeport better, while people on the Nassau forum will probably like Nassau better - to each his own. To me, Nassau isn't much of a vacation spot. Too hectic and stressful, too much traffic, and too few beaches. The exceptions being the private islands offshore, but then you have only a resort and nothing else. To me, Freeport offers a nice relaxing vacation but not TOO relaxing. There is plenty to do to fill a vacation, but no crowds, no traffic, and lots of great beaches, water and reefs.

Not crazy in Freeport during Spring Break, though Reef Village at Our Lucaya is Spring Break central - plenty going on there, MTV style. Plenty of parties and booze cruises going on. But not hard to get away from it, particularly at a private condo.

2. Re: best part of grand bahama

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 February 2011, 15:21