We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Has anyone been stung by a jellyfish in Freeport?

Suburbia, CO
Level Contributor
14 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Has anyone been stung by a jellyfish in Freeport?

Ahoyhoy!

I'll be headed to Freeport in December and was curious as to whether that happens to fall during jellyfish season.. is there even a Jellyfish season? It makes me nervous to think about. =(

Has anyone ever been stung by a jellyfish in Freeport, Bahamas? What was it like? What were you stung by?

I really want to spend time in the water, but I'm also wary of freaking myself out about marine life (like sharks) that I'm afraid of, lol. any information is welcome!

Las Vegas
Level Contributor
724 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Has anyone been stung by a jellyfish in Freeport?

I've never been stung by a jellyfish in the Bahamas. I've seen stingrays nearby me, even very close to shore, but no jellyfish, and I"m in the water more than I'm on the beach.

I've been stung numerous times in So Cal and Hawaiian waters, but never in the Bahamas.

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Paradise Island
Level Contributor
6,575 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Has anyone been stung by a jellyfish in Freeport?

People have been stung off the beaches on

Paradise Island recently. Mostly happens

in the summer months when waters are

warmer. I visit in November and May and

never saw one in the past five years on

nine visits.

3. Re: Has anyone been stung by a jellyfish in Freeport?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 March 2011, 13:40